Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Andy and co's vacation part 1

Florida Junior

Andy and co's vacation part 1

Early start on sunday, up at 2.30 and in the minibus at 3.30, all eleven of us. Please the minibus arrived on time. Headed to gatwick with no one on the M40 at that time in the morning. Checked in with US airways and much to our annoyance they messed up the seating we were guaranteed. One trip to customer service armed with my printed email stateing they guaranteed the seats and a lot of toing and froing with me not budging we got our seats, 1-0 to andy. Flight left on time and was pleasant enough. I can see why others have commented on the cabin staff being mature, they certainly are near the retirement age. We stopped at Charlotte which is a nice little airport and by the time we went thru customs and immigration and had a coffee it was time to board the onward flight to tampa. I have to say all in all the flight was easy and nice, as this is the first time we have flown indirect. Landing at tampa and just walking off the plane and thru to baggage reclaim was different, easy and again very nice. We went to dollar and had no queues just picked up to cars and we were off to windsor hills. It took us 1 hour 5 minutes door to door and that was with an accident on the i4. The villa is lovely and exactly as it was on the website. My wife and i went to publix on the 192 and picked up essentials and after a coffee and a long day went to bed. we have 4 children with us and they we briiliant all day with no arguing, which is a feat and a half.

Monday, we all seem to wake about 6.30/7 oclock and were ready for some breakcfast. The kids wanted to go to the sizzler which we did and filled ourselves up nicely. Then onto walmart for the BIG shop and a good look round. I have to agree with some of you as the prices do seem higher this yeaar on certain items. and the prices in publix are higher than walmart, by some distance. Last year we bought some mobile phones from walmart and tried to get them activated this year but the lady at walmart sent us to the verizon shop on the orange blossom trail, they wanted 25$ to re activate the phones which we declined as it would have been cheaper to buy new phones at walmart, they were 19$ to buy new. Well we headed back to the villa but on the way decided to call into the walmart back on the 192 as they have a liquor store and very cheap vodka. We had also dedcided to buy new mobiles. When we spoke to a lady at this walmart she said not to buy new ones just ring verizon direct an they will re activate for free and we just neede to buy a top up card, she went out of her way and reactivated my phone and told me what to do with the other 2, so bonus for us. 2-0 andy. Now we are all connected up, so we can stay intouch around the parks.

We then went to the liquor store but un fortuantely my 16 old boy, tom picked up a bottle of vodka to show me. we were told we couldn't be served as he had touched the bottle and we had to leave empty handed, lucky for us, my brothers wife was outside and went in and bought our bounty of booze. 3-0 to andy and game set and match.

Back at the villa we decided we had earnt a drink or two so with the children enjoying the pool, the adults relaxed. We weren't going out so everyone could join in. for dinner we ordered in from a pizza place the gate man recommeded, very nice to. The day had caught up with us and everyone went to bed around 9.30. Early start tomorrow as we are off to IOA to catch harry potter and want to be there for early doors.

brilliant start to your report Andy.... just what we need as the temp is dropping here in Brighton south coast.... i saw that todays temp in orlando was 86... boooooooo wish i was there.... looking forward to the next instalment xx
    Liesa

Great start,think we might buy a couple of those mobiles in Walmart as there is quite a few of us. Going to read part 2 know.
    Jan

Thanks for the report - intresting re unable to buy alcohol as an under 16 had touched a bottle, didnt realise this was a rule.

Diane.[msnscared]

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Sounds like a great start to your holiday

enjoying reading already
    Karen Scott