Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Fl Drivers License Renewal Without I94W

Florida Chatterbox

Fl Drivers License Renewal Without I94W

Does anyone know the answer to getting your Fl drivers license renewed - previously it was necessary to provide a I94 or I94W, but now with the fuller implementation of ESTA the I94W green slips are not being issued.
    Is a full visa now necessary to hold a Fl license?
    Life doesn't get any easier does it.
    It was bad enough paying $60 plus every 3 months for renewal.

Maybe if you get onto the website, it will tell you.

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    Maybe if you get onto the website, it will tell you.

Sandra
    [/quote]
    Thanks for the helpful suggestion Sandra but
    I did of course try that first and it said they still required an I94W.And as it doesn't exist any more thats not very helpful.

I wonder if an I94W is available by request on entry, much as an entry stamp is available in your UK passport by request when entering the UK?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I noticed our passport wasnt stamped last time and wondered if it would be if you asked.
    Babblin Boo

Sorry can't be more helpful as we have a B1/B2 so still have a white card attached to passport for the Drivers License.

Sandra

It would be worthwhile getting a B1/B2 Visa as you would then get your licence for 6 months so if you were returning over that period then you would at least get 2 trips with it.

The price has also just gone up again for the licence. It is bit of a swizz, just a way of making money in my opinion. When we got ours originally it was for the same period as anyone else. 9/11 has been very useful in making money for the state.

I would have thought in this day and age it would be possible for them to check people out and grant them a normal licence. After all if they are prepared to give us a Visa then they have already checked us out so what on earth is the problem.

I have written to the President and the Governor and have had replies from both and also from one or two Senators, saying that they fully accept what I am saying , BUT their 'Homeland Security has to be paramount. What a lot of old cobblers. We spend a lot of our own money as homeowners to bring tourists and their spending to the State so why are we treated with such disdain. Perhaps we should mount a campaign to see if we can reverse this decision, at least for home owners?

Andrena

It is certainly a rip off at $63 per go each time! Of course they say 'well that includes the late fee'[msneek]What a load of rubbish, we are always going to have the late fee[msnoo]

Sandra