Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: sun through lanai

sun through lanai

a bit of a silly question, but dose the pool screen give you protection from the sun, will the sun still burn you as much as without?

Gold 5 Star Member
    You'll still need sunscreen.

There is hardly any protection at all from the pool screen. It's just a mesh so the sunshine comes straight through the holes.
    Steve

We have just had a few hours by the pool today and while it was hot inside the lanai it was a lot hotter outside it, but as you say, you do need sunscreen.

The pool screen does have a slight effect on the sun factor but its main purpose is to keep out insects. I would never sunbathe on the lanai without sunscreen. The sun is definately stronger out of the cage. [msncool]

Bernadette

You still need suntan lotion as there is no UV (etc) protection but I find I can use around a factor ten less by the pool than when I am out of it. My skin is very used to the sun though, so I would always advise you try your normal factor on thr first day as better safe than sorry.
    Shirley

Wife and I were in Spain about ten weeks before we came to our Florida holiday so we were a little primed, we found that we were able to sit by the pool for quite a while before needing to slap on the lotion.