Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Emergencies

Florida Junior

Emergencies

Hi this might seem a daft question but I have thought about it and I don't know the answer, so here goes. Who do I call in an emergency, for example we need an ambulance or if we have an accident in the car and we need the police. I have always assumed it would be 911 but am not so sure. I will have my american mobile with me. [msnscared]

911 works fine. Make sure if possible you call your insurance company too. Or at least call them at the earliest opportunity.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by redsandy
    Hi this might seem a daft question but I have thought about it and I don't know the answer, so here goes. Who do I call in an emergency, for example we need an ambulance or if we have an accident in the car and we need the police. I have always assumed it would be 911 but am not so sure. I will have my american mobile with me. [msnscared][/quote]

You were correct. 911 for all Emergency Services.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you don't think it is serious enough to call 911 then you can call
    *FHP (*347) This is Florida Highway patrol.

"Star FHP (*347) is a cellular phone program used by motorists to report drunk drivers, traffic crashes, stranded or disabled motorists, or any suspicious incidents occurring on Florida roadways. Motorists who dial *FHP from their cellular phones are able to contact the nearest FHP communications center free of charge, courtesy of participating Florida cellular phone companies.

The Florida Department of Transportation has erected over 1,000 signs at strategic locations throughout Florida in order to inform motorists of the program. The Star FHP project was initiated in April, 1994.

Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    We also always pull over a bit away from anyone in need of help...then call the State troopers..people you think are in need can turn out to be dangerous..

The same goes when answering your door bell at night..or to anyone in need..just don't..call 911.. few years ago young girls were knocking screaming that someone was after them and it was a con to get into the house..we had a late night call ourselves and I had to jump to stop my dad going to the door..along 27 the police can be there really quick..

Not sure if they do the same in FL as they do in MA but for a heart attack the cops were at our house in 55 seconds..I kid you not..two cars both with those heart machines..I was really impressed..

Florida Expert
    The same advice goes for any country you are staying in. Even in your own home town.
    Mary