Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: gecko

A friend staying at a villa on the opposite side of the road found one in her bedroom and for the whole two weeks she was here in Florida she could not catch it and was terrified every night that she would end up swallowing it. Don't think so, they are more frightened of us than we are of them.

Val

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    Yuk Liz, seems harsh [msneek] Look how cute the gecko is in Lyn's picture..can't believe he stayed still!
    [/quote]

After staying on his hand long enough for me to take the photo he jumped onto David's head.

Lyn

oh my God... thats not nice...lol...im fascinated by them when in the pool just taking in the scenary... and often looking at them... the last time at Pauls place we saw one with a red flap under his neck? lol... he was much bigger then these in the pictures.. i can watch them for ages...
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveandJan
    We bought some plants from Walmart in August, Steve put them in the boot and guess what, he came back into the shop and said there is now one in the car. Although it was small I was terried it would come out when I was driving. We tried to get it out for 2 days and then when we were coming home from Universal I spotted it on the dash. Had to detour off at Lake Buenavista and then try to get him Out. As you say they move incredibly fast. We did manage to get him out though!
    [/quote]

A few months ago, I was going to the supermarket, so I picked up my bags that I had left in the hall, and threw them onto the back seat of the car, and a massive spider crawled out of them and under the car seat[msneek][msneek][msneek]

Well, I slammed the door shut, and ran back into the house. I called Paul, and I was absolutely hysterical on the phone! I was literally shaking for a couple of hours after that, and I told him straight that there was absolutely NO WAY I was getting in that car unless the spider had been found and dealt with.

Luckily, he was able to find it, but even now it makes me feel cold and clammy just thinking about it[msneek]

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    A ghecko in the car I could deal with, a spider - no way I am absolutely terrified of them, daft I know but thats the way it is.[msnsad]
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    I saw loads of the little lizards, they are so fascinating BUT spiders aarrrrgghhhhhh! I hate them and wouldnt have got in the car either!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have to catch them and remove them from my house or they dry out and die..I have a lid and postcard to catch them so I don't make them lose their tails..I've got good at it over the years...

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    oh my God... thats not nice...lol...im fascinated by them when in the pool just taking in the scenary... and often looking at them... the last time at Pauls place we saw one with a red flap under his neck? lol... he was much bigger then these in the pictures.. i can watch them for ages...
    [/quote]
    I saw some of them with the red flap are they males?
    I can watch them for ages to. Next time I will leave them in the pool area.

I think the ones with the red inflated balloon beneath their chins are male, and are looking for a mate.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We had one ( a gecko)in the light cover in our owners' cupboard! Wish you had seen my very brave husband catching it - didn't have time to run for the camera unfortunately Jean