Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossies!

Florida Newbie

Mossies!

Hi everyone, we are off to Orlando on Thursday, have never been in October before, will we need to take any insect repellent?

Thank you

Shazza :-)

Never been troubled by Mozzies in Orlando period , let alone Oct and we go at the end of Oct every year.

They usually love my hubby[msntongue] and he has not been troubled either[msnsmile]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just got back and no mozzies..usually go last 2 weeks of October and can honestly say in 20 years, no to mozzies [8D]

My husband attracts mozzies and we were sat outside Market Cafe in Celebration one evening and he was bitten to death. If we go there now he always uses repellent after dusk which is when they are prevalent. He does not use a repellant anywhere else but the lake at Celebration attracts them.

Sandra

We have been several times in October over the past 10 years and can tell you that there are mozzies about, my wife has the scars to prove it. We usually buy insect repellent when we get there from Walmart, OFF! is the brand we use.

Dave

Also going on Thursday and I'm a mozzie delicacy. We always go in October but have to say we have never been bothered by them or seen any.

I use too be a mozzie magnet but the when we were out in Florida during hurricane Jeanne I was advised to take garlic tablet every day. Start this day before we fly and take every day of our stay. Have not been bitten now for years.
    Jan

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We take garlic tablets every day, still get bitten. I think if you are anywhere near water then there will be mossies whatever time of year you go. We always use Off.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Anywhere there is water - at dawn and dusk/nights you will get bitten if you are on their diet!!

The screens around all the pools are there for a purpose!

Well Shazza, you have conflicting reports. It is upto you whether you take precautionary measures.

Have a great time, the weather is perfect here at the moment.

Sandra