Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Producing Drivers license

Florida Newbie

Producing Drivers license

just read this on my travel itinery and im not sure i know where my paper license is

Please read the attached car hire notes. Drivers must produce a full British driving licence held for 2 years. If you have a photocard licence you must also take the additional paper counterpart licence with you. You must have a credit card in the drivers name for the security deposit.

im getting the car through Dollar, anybody had problems with this?

Administrator
    You will most likely be fine as Dollar rarely ask for the paper part. However, if they do then they may well deny you a car, since the paper part is what shows if you have any endorsements etc.

Over the years I've only known of a handful of cases where someone has been denied a car for this reason.

It's certainly worth trying your best to find the paper part just to avoid any risk.

I think that if you are stopped by the police, they will require you to produce your full license, including the paper part of it.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I have never been asked for the paper part, but I would always take it, as they will deny you your rental if they ask!

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    [quote]Originally posted by ncmurray
    I think that if you are stopped by the police, they will require you to produce your full license, including the paper part of it.

Nuala
    We were stopped by the police a couple of trips ago (spot checks). All the officer wanted to see was the plastic credit card part of my licence. He checked with car hire firm and we were on our way. Very courtious, also asked if we needed help with directions to our destination. Got the compulsory "Have a nice day"[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

Florida Savvy
    I got stopped by police last year for doing 72 in a 50...$180 fine..he asked for just my photo licence..then i told a little porkie that i was going back to england in the morning..he said he dint want me to leave florida with a bad taste so put on ticket i was doing 58...hahaha only $80 fine...[:P]

Florida Expert
    I'm old fashioned, i only have the paper part, haven't got a photo licence and refuse to pay the money to get one unless i am forced to do so.

My licence is a bit dog eared mind, properly falling to bits[:P]