Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESTA

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cathie brydon
    Thanks Keith
    There doesn't seem to be any way to find out why it has expired but it has allowed me to reapply for a new one so everything is in order for Friday.
    Cathie

[/quote]
    Yes, you can apply for a new registration at any time, even if your old one has not expired - it simply over-writes the old one (assuming same passport number). Of course you need to pay again though
    [/quote]We got our ESTA's just prior to the charge coming in to effect.
    Due to an unforseen and sad set of circumstances we have had our booking transferred from one villa owner to another with a very slight change of address (same street different number and actually facing each other). If i change our ESTA's to take account of this change of address are you saying i'm now going to have to pay the fee?

Don't want to get into bother for not changing the address either but wonder how much difference it will make if we don't?
    [/quote]
    No, not at all. Don't get confused between applying for a new ESTA, and updating an existing one. When you go to the website, both options are available, so make sure you use the correct one. The new registration is on the lefthand side of the page, the update is on the right.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

The ESTA registration last for 2 years, or until your passport expires. Only then will you need to do a new ESTA registration, and pay again. At that time you will get a new authorisation number.

Until then, you can update various data in the system, and this includes the address you are staying at, flight details, etc.

To do this you will need your ESTA authorisation number, your passport number and your date of birth. There is no charge for this.

However this is not obligatory. This data is optional, so you can leave it blank or with the old address if you wish.

Keith

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cathie brydon
    Thanks Keith
    There doesn't seem to be any way to find out why it has expired but it has allowed me to reapply for a new one so everything is in order for Friday.
    Cathie

[/quote]
    Yes, you can apply for a new registration at any time, even if your old one has not expired - it simply over-writes the old one (assuming same passport number). Of course you need to pay again though
    [/quote]We got our ESTA's just prior to the charge coming in to effect.
    Due to an unforseen and sad set of circumstances we have had our booking transferred from one villa owner to another with a very slight change of address (same street different number and actually facing each other). If i change our ESTA's to take account of this change of address are you saying i'm now going to have to pay the fee?

Don't want to get into bother for not changing the address either but wonder how much difference it will make if we don't?
    [/quote]
    No, not at all. Don't get confused between applying for a new ESTA, and updating an existing one. When you go to the website, both options are available, so make sure you use the correct one. The new registration is on the lefthand side of the page, the update is on the right.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

The ESTA registration last for 2 years, or until your passport expires. Only then will you need to do a new ESTA registration, and pay again. At that time you will get a new authorisation number.

Until then, you can update various data in the system, and this includes the address you are staying at, flight details, etc.

To do this you will need your ESTA authorisation number, your passport number and your date of birth. There is no charge for this.

However this is not obligatory. This data is optional, so you can leave it blank or with the old address if you wish.

[/quote]Cheers thanks, it's just the poster above was suggesting they had to pay again.

Florida Chatterbox
    I've followed the instructions above to update my ESTA with my address while in the United States. Everything work ok and after I'd submitted the amendment it came up with update successful in red at top of page. There was no way out of site so I just logged off of site after I printed out the page showing the new address.

I suppose I could log on again and print out the form but the Application Number is sooo long and if it's not really necessary I can't see the point.

I've also got two more forms to do for my husband and sister, luckily we're flying out with the same airline so only the address needs changing.

Gold 5 Star Member
    When you apply for ESTA it is optional to add the travel dates and address so you could just leave it as it is. When you come to fill in the APIS you will put the correct address in so you should be fine. Many people put the details in for their firat trip and never change it.
    Babblin Boo

ooh I am confused now!! I didn;t know they had introduced a charge!
    So where do we stand- I did Esta's last year for th 3 or us so they won't have expired-so do I still need to pay?

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    When you apply for ESTA it is optional to add the travel dates and address so you could just leave it as it is. When you come to fill in the APIS you will put the correct address in so you should be fine. Many people put the details in for their firat trip and never change it.
    [/quote]

Thanks for that, I'm so used to filling in the green visa waiver form I thought it best to change the address.

Lynnroy wrote - I did Esta's last year for th 3 or us so they won't have expired-so do I still need to pay?

No you won't have to pay until the ESTA you completed last year has expired. The Expiration Date is printed on right hand side of form. As long as your travel dates are before this expiration date you're covered.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bargainqueen
    I suppose I could log on again and print out the form but the Application Number is sooo long and if it's not really necessary I can't see the point.
    [/quote]
    You only ever get to see the whole form, with all the details, the first time you create an ESTA registration. After that it only ever show you the data that is updateable, so you can never print out the whole form again if you did not do it the first time.

But don't worry - it states that you do not need to print it, as you will never need to show it to anyone. I guess the assumption is that anyone authorised to request this information, will already have access to the ESTA database and therefore can (given a passport number) pull up the info at any time.

But don't forget to write down the (long!) registration number in case you want to update it later
    Keith