Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Flight Prices

Florida Chatterbox

Flight Prices

It seems prices - particularly for Trans-Atlantic flights - are rising significantly. Some of those quoted for next year are ridiculously expensive.

Earlier this year, we paid less than £380 each. Now a price of £550 would seem to be a bargain with some carriers quoting over £700, for pretty much the same flight we paid £380 for.

Has everyone noticed this across the board? If so, do people think it's just a spike and they will come back down to sensible levels, or is this just going to be the reality with relatively cheap flights becoming a distant memory?

Partially due to the increase in Mr Brown's flight tax increase of 30 pounds for a round trip to the US.
    Wilf & Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    A couple of years ago sub £300 indirect flights were common, with direct flights not much more.

I fear those days have gone forever!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I fear that they've been at these levels for such a long time that they're unlikely to come down much. Even the occasional sale fares are above what I've been used to paying outside sale times.

Anything sub-£550 for a direct flight is good these days and you can add £200 to that for school holidays.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I thought we did quite well last week to get LGW-MCO then Bos-LHR out on Dec 9 back 1st Jan for £489 with Virgin about 10 days ago.
    Babblin Boo

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Steph

How did you manage to get the 2 different routes - can you do this online or did you need to phone them.

I want to go to Orlando and return from New York, thoguht I would need to go via New York both times
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Christine
    I actually booked it through Charter Travel on here but you can do it yourself online. When you go to the Virgin website and click on book flights, it comes up with the standard return but if you click on the bit above the boxes that says "more options" you can choose separate fligts so you can choose the first flight as "London to Orlando" and the second as "New York to London".
    Babblin Boo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
    It seems prices - particularly for Trans-Atlantic flights - are rising significantly. Some of those quoted for next year are ridiculously expensive.

Earlier this year, we paid less than £380 each. Now a price of £550 would seem to be a bargain with some carriers quoting over £700, for pretty much the same flight we paid £380 for.

Has everyone noticed this across the board? If so, do people think it's just a spike and they will come back down to sensible levels, or is this just going to be the reality with relatively cheap flights becoming a distant memory?

[/quote]

I've no idea whether or not the prices will come back down to "sensible levels" but if I were you I'd stick it out as long as you can and keep checking back on this forum regularly. Owners and guests often post on here when we find bargain flights. So you might just get a heads-up on a bargain sale! [msnwink]

Bernadette

We have just managed to get flights for next March returning in May for £460 with KLM via Edinburgh/Amsterdam/Atlanta/Orlando and returning Orlando/JFK/Amsterdam/Edinburgh. Unfortunately we always have to pay extra because we are not flying from London or Manchester.

Andrena