Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: WEATHER

Florida Newbie

WEATHER

Ive been keeping a eye on the wether in orlando for the past 2 weeks as i go the 8th october and notice that is raining everyday and was wondering if someone can predict/reassure me that it will be non stop sunshine everyday when i arrive lol

i have a friend who has just come back and explained it rained almost everyday but only for 2 hours in the afternoon and was baking hot the rest of the day, is this normal?

i went to kissimee 3 years ago around the start of october and it was beutifull weather everyday and i was hoping it would be the same?[msncool]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The afternoon summer storms have finished(normally) by Oct and the dry season has started.

It is certainly one of the more pleasant times to visit with afternoon temps in the 80's and down to 60's at night.

It would not normally be 'unbroken sunshine' however - there will be cloudy days and some rain.

We've been every October (except last year) for the past 9 years and only once have we had a lot of overcast grey weather, sometimes get the odd shower or not so sunny day (which is a great excuse to hit the shops!) It's one of my favourite times to visit as it's usually gorgeous weather & not too humid.
    Caroline & Dave

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    My Birthday is the 8th October and last year was a biggy[msnsad] so we spent it in Florida, we took our son in law who had never been before and he was really looking forward to a nice big thunderstorm. He was dissapointed it was very hot every day and I cant remember it raining at all.
    Lyn

We were there last October and the weather was really very very hot and humid. More so than normal. I can remember it well as my grandchildren came to stay and the temperatures were upper 90's. They came mid October for 2 weeks but we were there for 3 months.

I also think October is a lovely month to visit Florida but no one can say you will have unbroken sunshine!!!!

Sandra

We went last October and it was so hot it hit record temperatures for the time of year up in the late 90's. We had one BIG thunderstorm in Davenport with torrential rain which lasted about 15 minutes, but at the same time it was apparently blue skies in Kissimmee ! Then within a day or two it was record lows of a shockingly cold 70 degrees !! everyone apart from the brits were walking around in fleeces and trousers.

We always visit in October and find it a beautiful time of year to visit.
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were there last Oct we go for Halloween every year and we did have a few hot evenings at Universal...but for the most part we get lovely weather..