Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: colin and fam do florida 2010

Florida Junior

colin and fam do florida 2010

We had a great time, as per.
    A couple of things not that great, but thats the same every were you go.
    I wouldn't go back horse riding to horse world thought it was a rip of and the girls weren't very nice. we were put on a horse, that were more like robots the girl never spoke to us,was on her mob all the time and we were taken out and just went round the same bit then back, $240 for 4 sorry but, first and last.
    Boggy creak was great, we took the private air boat brill.
    Don't think we'll do the disney parks next time the boys are to old and got fed up (it was mabee the heat to tho Got over 100 some days great but not for parks) Wasn't to impresed with the rose and crown in epcot $145 for four of us and the steak was burnt and tasted it, fries were cold, but the girls serving were great.realy nice. Got us a good spot to wach the fireworks. (not a patch on magic kingdom fireworks but still good).
    Went to kissimmee old town on friday it was a great change to see all the old cars, all done up Coooooool.
    Some of the shops a bit pricey but same everywere this time.
    Am I the only one that thinks it's not as cheep as it was or am I just being tight as the kids say Oh and I ended up heading to the docs that cost me, forgot I'm 45 not 25 went on the bucking bronco tryed to beat my son ended up with my ancle all friction burnt rubbed all the skin of and it went all fooosty (I'd make a good doctor lol )...
    Their was a lot of beggars this time, so many out of work.
    And at times I thought I was in spain. Everyone taking spannish.
    Fort desoto was great, we all love that place.
    Then Harry (flipping) Potter (can't stand those films) Or her that writes them. Anyway realy well done And going when we did the boys were on and of the ride twice in an hour. The people who build all these things are great at their jobs can't say enough how good it looks.
    And with everybody rushing to that I got on my fav The Hulk 4 times yeeeha..
    Shamou wasn't that great now they can't go in the water with them,to be honest think that place is to small for them any way. Love the dolphin and the walruss shows great. And the manta ride yeee ha..
    Anyways Had a great Time and will be going back in a couple of years. Going on a cruse next year, Can't remember agreeing to that but the wife said I did so thats that.. I know my place.

G;ad you had a great time even with one or two things not good value for money. Unfortunately prices raise everywhere but it is all relative to anywhere else in these current climates but still better value than the Euro methinks!! Having been to Europe twice this year I prefer the $$.[msnwink]

Enjoy your cruise next year. We just love cruising and we find it very convenient when we visit our villa just to pop to Port Canaverel or Tampa and 'catch the next boat'.

By the time you come back to Florida, there will be more new things to see and as always, there are plenty of things to do.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Sandra

Florida Savvy
    Thank you for posting your trip report, its great to hear other peoples experiences an defo wont be going to Horse World.

Maybe you could compromise with the wife for next year and have a week in Disney then a weeks cruise around the caribean, thats what we do and love love love it.... best of both worlds and like Sandra says, Port Canaveral, Tampa or Fort Lauderale or Miami ports - so many ships so much choice.....
    VIOLET BARROW

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you had a great time, we noticed some items had gone up but still so many items such good value. The kids shopped at Converse and the prices there you could not match in the UK, the price of soda and gas is still very cheap. We went to Malta last year and they now have the Euro and we saw a real price increase there and there is no free refills of soda. The US is still better value than the Euro zone and unfortunately we are seeing price rises everywhere including the UK where prices of food and groceries have shot up, par for the recession I suppose.

Enjoy your cruise next year and so much choice of destinations, number of nights.
    Jan&Steve

Florida Junior
    Hi

Thanks for the trip report. It's really good to hear other peoples experiences good or bad, and it helps to build the excitement of going over ourselves.
    We really fancied going horse riding but will avoid horse world, went horse riding in 2002 and it was brilliant, but can't remember the place we went to!
    I still think that Florida has so much more to offer than any other destination, theme parks, to horse riding, to airboats, to shopping, to beaches etc brilliant!
    Have a nice cruise next year!
    Nadim

Florida Junior
    It was the horse world down poinciana blvd, didn't like them but my mate went to another one they loved it need to find out the name.
    I'm getting draged on a weeks cruise caribbean and a week in a hotel in dominican.
    Love florida tried going in the huff but that doesn't work the same when your 45 [laugh]
    £3000 just for the two of us jeez that could get me 3 weeks in florida with a trip on a wee boat at sea world..lol..

Talk about spain the prices have shot up their, I love majorca even looked at a house its pricing it's self out. It's the yanky dollar for me.
    One of my mates bought a timeshare in florida, just in case you wondered about those guys that sell tickets cheap in the golden coral, thats why they are their.
    He thinks it's a great deal.
    We shop at walmart.

Florida Savvy
    Yes have to agree with horse world,got too close to the road for me at one point....then seen a little black snake which had my horse stepping to one side [msnoo]...expensive i have to say!

Hi Colin. thanks for your trip report.. we went over in may this year and found it had gotten really expensive compared to what it was before... still thats inflation i guess...
    my family were going to try horse riding at horseworld down poinciana boulevard and as we were staying at Terra Verde community it meant i didnt have to go with them...i hate horses... they scare me to death... so i couldve stayed by the pool whilst hubby took them down... however we checked it online and it was to dear for us.... well not really us but the kids and grandkids were kindof watching their pennies... they had heard us so many times over the years saying how cheap it all was were hoping to buy loads of stuff to take home... didnt happen as they used more money on day to day stuff...
    anyways glad you enjoyed it....
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Thanks for the trip report and menitoning your cruise next year - sooo jealous.

Our daughter went horse riding and had a great time although she did not go to Horse World. I will have to get the details from her but she had a good experience. They put people into groups depending on experience, size etc. and took the riders out on different routes to suit the riders. It was around 45 minns drive from Kissimmee but definately did not feel 'touristy'.

I will ask her for details if anyone wants them.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sundowner
    I will ask her for details if anyone wants them.
    [/quote]Yes please.
    Regards, Mark