Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BA increasing Tampa service to 7 days a week

Gold 5 Star Member

BA increasing Tampa service to 7 days a week

From 27 March 2011 BA's Gatwick-Tampa service will increase flights from 5 to 7 days a week. I've never used it myself but I know many OV members do.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    They have however reduced the Orlando service, still one flight a day but there were 2 on some days.
    Christine

I just wish BA would fly from Manchester. The only schedule option we have is Virgin[msnsad]

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am sure as capacity increases they will put on more flights
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ncmurray
    I just wish BA would fly from Manchester. The only schedule option we have is Virgin[msnsad]

[/quote]

Not going to happen though. BA have completely abandoned regional airports as far as international routes are concerned.

I remember flying direct from Manchester to Los Angeles on BA in the early 1990's but that lasted just a couple of years or so and the New York service went the same way. Now it's almost all Heathrow with a few minor routes from Gatwick.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ironic isn't it, the use of Tampa by regular travellers because they could get cheaper flights or more availability than Orlando has probably made BA think that Tampa is the more popular destination.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Ironic isn't it, the use of Tampa by regular travellers because they could get cheaper flights or more availability than Orlando has probably made BA think that Tampa is the more popular destination.
    [/quote]

BA's thinking is more about trying to attract US Business travellers to use the route. Apparently, it's currently 85% UK departing passengers and they want to change that. They don't think it's worthwhile on the Orlando service.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have seen on many occasions prices more expensive to fly into Tampa than Orlando. I am sure in time when the economy is booming once again that all airlines will review their routes because if they don't they will miss out.
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveandJan
    I am sure in time when the economy is booming once again that all airlines will review their routes because if they don't they will miss out.
    [/quote]

That's true but what we are more likely to see is airlines merging and using each other's existing routes as codeshares.

Literally in the next few days it will become possible to buy an American Airlines ticket with an AA flight number on all BA's transatlantic services - something that hasn't previously been possible. What we can expect to see is more AA US based outbound travellers on BA flights. What that will do to fares isn't clear but more demand rarely results in price reductions.

We will see more and more of that over the coming months and years.

Gold 5 Star Member
    BA have made no secret that they want(and need) more people buying seats at the front of the plane, because that is what brings in the profits.

That means going for the business traveller and Orlando, being largely a holiday destination, I suspect does not have a high percentage of business/first class passengers.