Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: currency offer

Florida Newbie

currency offer

Hi all
    Have just ordered our currency for our Orlando holiday which is 8 weeks today yey[clap][clap][clap]
    We have used Crown Currency and until stocks last in Septemer they are giving $1.6055 exchange rate [msnsmile]
    That's it now all sorted just got to pack [msnsmile2][clap][msnsmile2][clap]

Florida Junior
    Hi

Thats a really good rate

Have you used them before? as I am interested but a bit concerned about paying upfront and not receiving the currency for 30+ days

Also did you go for the travellers cheques and just cash?

Thanks
    Nadim

Florida Newbie
    Hi
    My daughters friend who she works with goes to Florida every year recommended them because she uses them every year.
    We have ordered Travellers cheques and cash to be delivered 25th October as we travel 19th November. You can pay by bank transfer or personal cheque.
    Hope this helps.

Florida Junior
    Hi

Thanks for that, I will give them a call

Hope that you have a great time!

Nadim

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I have used them for cash with no problems, however I have just had somemoney transferred to my US bank and because of the banks they use to send it, $20 in fees was taken in New York. This didn't happen when I used a different company in April. So for cash they are great but not so good for transfers.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    we have used them to order currency with no probs, you can get better deals if forward ordering.

Gold 5 Star Member
    This firm has been covered many times on OV - do a search.

The important point is that they are not FSA registered - you therefore have no security for your money!

That said, they have been operating for some years and I am not aware of any problems with their service.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Crown are registered with the FSA under under the Payment Service Regulations 2009 registration number 503404
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Crown are registered with the FSA under under the Payment Service Regulations 2009 registration number 503404[/quote]

Sorry, you are correct - they were not previously registered. All the previous posts were around 2006 see:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...75&whichpage=8
    It appears that the 2009 Regulations require all such firms to be registered.

However from a quick 'Google' it appears to me that they are not members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme(FSCS) and there is no protection for your money should the firm go bust.

If you intend to change money with the firm, and that sort of security is important to you, perhaps you should ascertain the position with this firm; they were quite open when I enquired(in 2006) there was no protection at all.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I always have an uneasy feeling about this company because there has to be a risk that they won't deliver on their promise and I'll be left without a right to compensation. Without doubt, their rates are usually well above what can be found elsewhere but I do wonder how they sustain that.

That said, I did use them once on a very short-term forward purchase and all went well. While I don't think the risk factor can be disregarded completely, so far, so good, and I know others use them on a pretty regular basis and have no problems.