Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get rid of the normal TVs out of the bedrooms and put in flat screens

12 20.34%
  • Swap the pool and spa lighting to one that changes colour with a ''mood'' setting

3 5.08%
  • Dump the current 42" TV in the living room and swap it for a huge wall-mounted LED HD 3D TV

9 15.25%
  • Add some outside speakers for listening to the radio while out by the pool

18 30.51%
  • Add iPod docks to each bedroom

3 5.08%
  • Marble tile the showes

3 5.08%
  • Add some lights to the plants outside to make them look really pretty at night time

7 11.86%
  • Add a small gym

4 6.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

i voted for 'Add some outside speakers for listening to the radio while out by the pool' we like to listen quietly to music round the pool... where we stay on Terra verde they have a communal pool (we choose a vlla with own pool here) and a disco at the tiki bar on friday nights so it is nice to listen to music whilst relaxing at the poool.. when at the villa we put the cd player just inside the patio door and have it open just a tad so we can hear it... happy with the lighting as long as it has 1 light in the pool dont care what colour.... the resort clubhouse has its own gym so thats for everone to use along with sauna and games room so all these things not nessecery for us....
    dont watch a lot of tv just have on for news on music so again tvs dont bother us....

just wish we were there now![msnwink]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I rent for family and I'd go for outside speakers..we don't use the TV much if there are a lot of us..being by the pool with background music would be nice..

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Outside speakers could be a problem for neighbours if they were on to loud, I hate noise and would be very unhappy if neighbours were playing loud music.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Not sure it would be any louder than a radio outside..

My next door neighbour has them which is what made me look at getting some..

Florida Expert
    Having recently sold our villa but been a villa rental owner for the past 20+ years. None of the above appeal to me really apart from perhaps a little extra lighting around the pool deck but it doesnt matter where. When we are out by the pool as a family relaxing at the end of the day we are chatting about what we have done and what we are going to do the next day so music isnt really an issue.

As for tv... we would prefer to listen to music as we would be looking online (so wi-fi is a big one for us) to catch up on business or look at what we would do next day, where we would eat etc.

At one time I though my daughter would opt for a small gym but she says when on holiday that is not important as she has the pool for exercise.

As present renters and previous owners I can see the benefits of what you would be offering depending on the outcome of your survey but for us as a family we are looking for a 'home away from home' plus sunshine, privacy of a rental home and a pool. That would suit us fine.

Florida Junior
    Tonis, I agree with you. I have passed by so many nice villas because there was no privacy at the pool area. I have found to villas with complete privacy.

Our pet hate is being able to hear music from neighbours - we like our peace and listening to wild life etc, so ask our guests not to play music by the pool. Also our neighbours are residents so don't want noise at night ! I don't think people realise how far music travels.
    We put an extra light by the BBQ last year so that you can see what you are cooking.
    We have tried solar lights around our plants but the gardener always manages to chop them up with the lawn mower ! So I would like to find some that are gardener proof !

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We find that our guests really appreciate the privacy our home affords. As well as fencing we have flowering bushes (the jasmine smells wonderful) and several fruit trees, guests are welcome to pick anything that is ready. They love the fresh grapefruit, lemons and oranges. I too hate music from other homes, we all have different tastes.

Andrena

Florida Savvy
    I also agree with you. We always try to rent a villa with some degree of privacy around the pool, frosted glass, hedges or fencing. Also, a safe for storing valuable items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    I think the best thing any villa owner could do is ensure privacy round the pool area, whether it means a fence or some type of frosted glass arrangement attached to the pool cage.

Plus lots of fluffy new towels.
    Scorpio

Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    We find that our guests really appreciate the privacy our home affords. As well as fencing we have flowering bushes (the jasmine smells wonderful) and several fruit trees, guests are welcome to pick anything that is ready. They love the fresh grapefruit, lemons and oranges. I too hate music from other homes, we all have different tastes.

Andrena
    The first time we stayed in our villa we planted a hedge to give privacy - it has taken 7 years, but at last we are getting a hedge. At first we lost lots of plants in the hard winters we had a couple of years ago.
    Sue
    Gerry and Sue