Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOVEMBER IDEAS PLEASE

Florida Newbie

NOVEMBER IDEAS PLEASE

1ST year in 10 that we havnt been to florida missed it all year so just booked 1st 2 weeks in november!! CANT wait always gone february may and august before never this late in the year couple of questions please to you wonderful people. what weather can we expect staying 1st week at st petes so would like a few rays [8D] also anything going on in the parks will haloween still be on if not any early xmas decs?? any other ideas would be appreciated. thanks

Great news that you are going to be able to go to Florida very soon.

The weather 'should' be perfect and the days should be sunny and warm and you would be extremely unlucky not to get some 'rays'. The days will be a little shorter as it gets dark earlier so get up earlier!!

Most stores will be decorated for Xmas as they usually like to be done in time for Thanksgiving. Not sure whether the parks will still have the Halloween themes but have a look at their websites.

Enjoy your vacation. I go next week for 10 weeks[clap]

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the theme parks tend to switch over to their holiday (Christmas) decor and schedules from about Thanksgiving onwards (end of November). You might be just a little too early to catch them. [msnsad]

That said, I'm sure I've photographed the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights in early November in the past so you might just catch a couple of the Christmas events kicking off. They're well worth the day at Disney Studios if they're running while you are there. The extra bit on the end of Illuminations at Epcot is just awesome too.
    Steve

Don't forget Thanks Giving on Thursday 25th and the Fantastic Black Friday Sales the next day!! most shops/Malls go to Half Price!!

We go every November and the Weather is superb! maybe not sunbathing weather but the further south you go the higher the tempreture! we where in Clearwater in December one year and it was in the early 90's

Mark.

Florida Newbie
    thanks guys will miss thanksgiving sadly tbh more than happy lazing on st petes beach and then hitting the parks 2nd week for the ummmm kids [msnwink] will be booking the car and tickets via this site as they are brill! cheers all

Have a great Holiday Sharon

Mark.

Sharon, we have been a couple of times in November, and we have never been disappointed with the weather. Actually, it is one of my favourite times to go, along with May. It is not as hot and humid as August, for example, but there is usually a lot more sunshine about. The evenings can get a bit cooler, so make sure you have a fleece if you plan to go out to the parks in the evening.

If Celebration has started "snowing", it is worth making time to visit there in the evening. Snow in Florida.....who'd have thought!

Have a great holiday.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

You will definately get a few rays [8D] I usually pop out late November and would expect to return with a bit of a tan It does cool down at night, so would take a fleece.
    If you want to do something a bit different, why not look up the hot spings in Florida as the manatee go there in the winter to keep their toes warm [msnwink]
    Shirley

Florida Savvy

In November we have visited Blue Springs park where you usually get to see lots of Manatees at that time of year, if you visit their website nearer the time I am sure they have updates on current Manatee numbers.
    Also my husband went swimming with manatees at Homosassa State park, which he said was brilliant. Here is the link to Homosassa State Park Brochure http://hswsp.com/05brochure.pdf

Have a great trip.

Florida Newbie
    ooooh the manatees adventure sounds a must!! i am always up and buzzing at around 4am in florida so early start for me may have to wait for hubby and kids to get up. Really stupid question but remember the gulf sea being so very warm, I know it is a vast expanse of water but would the water temperature still be that warm this time of the year??