Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cab from airport

Florida Newbie

Cab from airport

Morning everyone,

We're visiting a hopefully sunny/warm Florida in December and have arranged carhire. However, my sister is on a different flight to us and gets into MCO in the early hours of the morning.

Can anyone recommend a reputable cab co. that we can use?

As always, thanks for your help

Gold 5 Star Member
    I use a limo company they are about the same price as a cab..Tiffany Towncar Service..I have the number for Sam the diver I had great chap..not sure if I can post it here so will PM it

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Hi Sue I found this on the net for a taxi firm
    www.floridatransport.com

Tony

I just simulated renting a car for one day in December: £29 (Uscarhire above, economy 2 doors, Gold, Alamo). Much cheaper than any taxi. You can then drop it the next day at any agency closeby.

We used to hire a car for one day to get us to our villa as our own car was in our garage. It was much cheaper than a taxi and no trouble to pop it back to the local agency the following day.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is it worth her staying at an airport hotel for the night and you picking her up in the morning? Depending on where you are staying it may be as cheap as a taxi.
    Babblin Boo

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    We used to hire a car for one day to get us to our villa as our own car was in our garage. It was much cheaper than a taxi and no trouble to pop it back to the local agency the following day.

Sandra
    [/quote]

How would that work petrol-wise?
    [/quote]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think hiring Gold your tank of fuel is included.

We used to pay £20 from Yescar but they went out of business last year (probably too cheap but it worked for us). The price included the gas so for £20 I was not really concerned whether I had paid for a full tank as it was so much cheaper than a taxi.

Sandra

£29 is still a cheap option compared to a taxi. Plus maybe she could be talked into going grocery shopping before the OP arrives later in the day :, and then she would use up all this fuel she paid for [msnwink].

Florida Newbie
    Thanks so much everyone! My sister can't drive otherwise hiring for a day would def. be the way to go. Wow - I really didnt think it'd be that expensive. I might have to look at her staying overnight in the hotel.

Again thanks for all the help!