Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charity Shop

Florida Savvy

Charity Shop

Are there any charity shops in the area that would accept donations of unwanted clothes, go on holiday next week and if as expected the wife does a little too much shopping and we have to lighten the load of the cases we would be looking at leaving some of the kids summer clothes as they wouldnt get any more wear from them when we return home given that it will be mid-Oct and they will have outgrown them by next year.
    Am staying on H27
    Ian Mcc

Florida Chatterbox
    At the Walmart in Haynes City on the 27 they have huge containers for charity clothes,

Florida Chatterbox
    There is a Salvation Army on the 192, I am sure they would be delighted to accept your unwanted clothing.

Have a great holiday.

Florida Expert
    Goodwill are a jolly good cause that help the unemployed get back to work. We always take our villa stuff there; things have to be discarded when there is still plenty of life in them.

The branch I know of is on the OBT somewhere on the left hand side north of the Sand Lake Road intersection.

That is a very nice thought Ian. Have a great time and I hope your wife finds plenty of bargains; I a sure you will enjoy accompanying her round the ultitude of retail bargains.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Our villa is at Westbury just off Highway 27. On the road that leads to westbury there is a large collectiono bin for unwanted clothes. There may be others around
    Christine

brilliant post!
    year before we asked the mc if they could pass on to charity shop.. (hope she did) this time as i had cheap t shirts i binned them... but we all leave stuff behind and some well most is fit to pass on... i fact we got sales stuff in UK and my daughter didnt wear them.. cos we were running out of time it was easier to bin... maybe the homeowners could put a note inside welcome books??? handy piece of Knowledge...
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Good idea Liesa, I have made a note to do that.

There is a charity shop opened on the 192 not far from the little white chapel we took some things there when we were at our villa it on the right going down to Medieval Times .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Maureen, do they take things like comforters, lamps and pictures. We have replaced quite a few things and they are sitting in storage.
    Jan&Steve

Yes they take anything and when we went there was a lot of people looking so just put them in bags and tell them what is in and they wil sort it when they have time .
    It helps people that has lost jobs and need a help
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx