Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Orlando white water rafting/kayak

Florida Savvy

Orlando white water rafting/kayak

Looking for kayaking really,nice river you know....any ideas?

Florida Savvy
    In a recent newsletter from my management company, they say that -

There is a place just east of Wal-Mart on the 192 called Shingle Creek Regional Park, operated by Osceola County and it offers walking trails and canoeing (you need to bring your own canoe) through 456 acres of un-spoilt Florida rivers.

I dont suppose that you have your own canoe or know where to hire one but its a thought.

VIOLET BARROW

I know that you can hire kayaks at Weeki Wachi Springs & in the Everglades National Park. (Google either !!)
    Have my doubts as to 'white water' - As far as I know, there's no fast-flowing natural water anywhere in Florida!!! But it's quite possible some business has created an artificial watercourse that others may know of.....

My family go to Wekiwa Springs state park and canoe on the Wekiva river from there. It is inexpensive and easily accessible from Disney area. They sometimes go 2 or 3 times a trip.
    I believe that the Crystal River further north is very good and now has canoeing stations where you can stay overnight is you wish to go for an extended period of time.
    Angela

Florida Chatterbox
    Another vote for Wekiwa, but have a look at the Florida State Parks website because you can rent kayaks/canoes are some of the other parks too - [website link edited] I think you might be out of luck with white water rafting in Florida though, but kaying past a dozing aligator on the bank of the creek at Wekiwa it just as exciting!

Linda

I forgot to mention Kelly Park where you could go tube riding down the river. I don't know whether that is still available but I remember you get your tube outside the park as they are not available inside. It is Rock Springs Kelly Park Apopka if you want to fid out more.
    Angela

Florida Savvy
    Yes i read up on the trip called ' katies landings',,do you really see alligateros be wicked.They say the trip is 4-5 hours...hope so?

Looking at the thread topic "white water rafting", I don't think that you will find that in Florida, as Florida is quite flat, but there are many places where you will find opportunities to kayak, mostly in the national parks.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We saw a gator when we hired kayaks at Wekiwa. If you want to find out about the state parks then google Florida State Parks and I am sure you will find the website. Each park has a variety of activities on offer and there a quite a few within a not to long drive from Orlando. That is another advantage of staying in Orlando as it is fairly central.

Linda