Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Safe gluten free and lactose free restaurants

Florida Newbie

Safe gluten free and lactose free restaurants

I have found out that there is safe places to eat at det parks, but is there safe places to eat other places around Orlando area?

Also take-aways would be great, then close to High Grove community. I would love to be lazy and not cook all the time[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    We found that all the restaurants were helpful in advising what my daughter could have. There was a steakhouse on the 192 where we couldn't eat as they did their fries in the same fryer as the breaded products.
    Disney character meals were amazing. For the character breakfast they made gf pancakes and advised what she could have from the buffet. At Cinderella's Castle they asked what she would like. We looked at the menu and I said obviously you can't have the pasta and Chef Jim (came out to talk to us from the kitchen)said she could have whatever she wanted and a gf version would be made for her, pasta included. She felt special having a chat with the chef

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    We found that all the restaurants were helpful in advising what my daughter could have. There was a steakhouse on the 192 where we couldn't eat as they did their fries in the same fryer as the breaded products.
    Disney character meals were amazing. For the character breakfast they made gf pancakes and advised what she could have from the buffet. At Cinderella's Castle they asked what she would like. We looked at the menu and I said obviously you can't have the pasta and Chef Jim (came out to talk to us from the kitchen)said she could have whatever she wanted and a gf version would be made for her, pasta included. She felt special having a chat with the chef
    [/quote]

That sounds good. I wouldnt be able to eat from a buffet though. I have had bad experience with that...

Florida Expert
    Good places -
    Carrabas, Outback and Uno all have proper gluten free menus - printed glossy ones that list all the things you can have . Do have the chocolate thunder from down under at Outback - GF brownie , icecream and cream.

We also love the villa de flora buffet. You just ask for the chef and they will walk round and tell you what is safe and cook you some special dishes too. I had gluten free shrimp pasta there which was awesome. The buffet at lunchtim eis incredible value.

Chevys is also good. If you google chevys gluten free you should find which items are good. The nachos are to die for ( ask for no red sauce on them) Fajitas are great - they will give you corn tortillas instead of wheat.

Oh and make sure you visit Wholefoodds Market to stock up on GF muffins cup cakes cookies etc. Expensive but worth every cent. they have lots of GF frozen meals.pizza, bread etc too.

You are going to love it!
    Jo

Florida Newbie
    Thank you Joe for a lot of information. Maybe frozen meals is what I will go for. I get really sick just by cross contamination and really dont want to ruin my vacation. The middle way might be to eat at restaurants when we spend the whole day in the park, and cook at home the rest.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Anita
    Thank you Joe for a lot of information. Maybe frozen meals is what I will go for. I get really sick just by cross contamination and really dont want to ruin my vacation. The middle way might be to eat at restaurants when we spend the whole day in the park, and cook at home the rest.
    [/quote]

We've had 10 gluten free holidays in Florida , so we;ve found whats good for us. Happy to spread the word .We find something new every holiday and it just gets better and better.
    Jo