Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: New golf clubs

Florida Newbie

New golf clubs

Has anyone ever brought back a set of golf clubs on the flight home do they charge you to bring them back?
    Shazz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Shazz34
    Has anyone ever brought back a set of golf clubs on the flight home do they charge you to bring them back?
    [/quote]

It depends which airline you're flying with. Probably best to check on their website.
    Christine

A bloke in front of us on a Delta plane last year was allowed them free- but he was business class.

Virgin usually allow a set of clubs as do B.A

Liz

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Shazz34
    [/quote]I have but I took a set out. Before Virgin allowed a golf bag as an extra for free, Jan took a case and I took my golf clubs so no extra charge.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    Generally Virgin and BA allow one bag of sporting goods - i.e. golf clubs, fishing tackle, Tennis rackets etc. So long as they are well packaged never had a problem.

VIOLET BARROW

Hi Shazz
    I bought a set in Florida a couple of years ago and bought them back, although i've now left a set out there, I would suggest you play a round with them before travelling back so they are then used, not sure if you would be expected to pay duty on new boxed set if you were checked by customs. As stated already, Virgin allow you a set of clubs on top of your normal baggage allowance.
    Alan

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Shazz

As you can bring goods to the value of £390 (approx $620) before paying tax or duty you should be fine. Unless your going for a complete set, Woods, Irons, Putter, Bag, etc[msnwink]

That being said Ive just purchased a set of TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Irons from my local pro & they were not only cheaper than I could get in the States, but they were custom fit[msnsmile2[msnsmile2]

Make sure your getting the bargain you think you are.[msnwink]

Its also not worth the worry of getting them damaged on the return flight, just to save a few pounds.
    mike

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Clubs arrived last Saturday & I got a free wedge in with the set.[clap][clap][clap]

He also did me a great deal on a rescue wood.

Made even more sense to get from our pro.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    mike