Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Florida Savvy
    Nice pics first ones posted for a while
    Ian Mcc

These are great pics, we are not visiting WWoHP until Christmas, as although DH and I are out at the moment, YD will be with us at Christmas and is just about the biggest fan ever (I am sure many of you can say the same!) and has made us promise not to go without her. She was so disappointed it had not opened by last Christmas ... but not disappointed she didn't have a 12 night hols to New York and San Francisco with a friend in March and knew it would mean she wouldn't get there until later on! YD and DH are keen photographers so no doubt we will be adding to the collection in due course.
    Fiona

Florida Chatterbox
    I would say that the Harry Potter "area" is a bit small and could do with some expansion. This is probably part of the problem with long queues and overcrowding. I could see it stretch out into the Poseidon area with some redevelopment and enhancement of the Harry Potter experience.

One comment is don't bother to queue to see "Olivanders" Makers of fine wands. If you can walk in then it's worth a look but definitely not worth any wait.

Florida Chatterbox
    Looks great, looking forward to giving it a try next time we're over! Got some friends coming with us next time with a 4 year old so it will be fun revisting a few of the older attractions again.
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    I found it small too..and again roller coasters..was it here that I read they were going to revamp other parts of the park a HP show would be nice and something for the very young kids..

I think that the Ride of the Hippogriff is aimed at younger children. I have heard that they are considering redeveloping some more parts of the Lost Continent to fit in some more Harry Potter stuff, too. But I don't know what they could put in it. The shopping area is already complete, so perhaps some more attractions?

I don't think the whole potter area is too small exactly, as the small streets add to the ambience, but if you could visit in an off peak time it would be perfect. However, we visited in August, and it was manic! Particularly the day that the ride didn't open until mid afternoon, and everybody in Islands of Adventure headed over to Hogsmeade! There was a huge queue for the LOCKERS[msneek] I am really looking forward to visiting sometime that is not peak holidays.

I would agree with the comment about Ollivanders. If it is a walk-on then go for it, but if there is the usual queue, then it isn't worth the wait. My sister in law queued for just over an hour, and when they got in there was an American woman behind them who was extremely irate that her child didn't get to do the "experience". She didn't understand that anyone would queue just to see some other child getting to "choose" their wand.

There is usually a shop cart at the exit to the Forbidden Journey selling the complete selection of wands, and you can just buy there. My son got one there, but I REALLY wanted him to get the Voldemort wand, but there was no persuading him[msnsad]

Andy, there is a chance that the 4 year old will not fit on any of the rides. If he is likely to be disappointed by this, you can check online what the height requirements are. Personally, I would think that the Harry Potter area is well worth a visit, even if you don't go on any of the rides. The restaurants in the Three Broomsticks has a lot of seating, and it is being managed very well. When we went there, there were staff stopping guests from holding tables until their tables were ready, and asking small parties to use the small tables (ie keeping the large tables for larger groups).

Nuala

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Great photo's Lynn and David.
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Hogwarts' Castle looks great at night, but watch out for the dementors!

[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I look forward to seeing the Harry Potter wizarding world at Universal on our next visit. The pictures look fantastic. Didn't want to see it without our resident HP expert (daughter) and as she wasn't with us recently, we decided the Disney Parks were enough for us this trip. I am working very had on a much longer trip at some point, so that should give us plenty of time to do everything [msnwink] Many thanks for sharing the pictures [msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    WOW! Love the pictures! Can't wait to go...
    thanks for sharing.
    Advertising not allowed