Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Bizarre question for the experts!

Bizarre question for the experts!

Hi everyone, I wonder if you could help. I booked a villa on Anna Maria Island back in May but had some problems as we felt it was quite dangerous for our 9month old and two year old.

Our youngest could fit through the gaps in the balustrade which led to a 5ft drop onto a tiled floor, the gap was approx 6". Is there a guideline as to what the maximum should be, I know in the UK it's 4" or 99mm. Is there such a regulation in Florida?

I'd be really grateful if anyone could tell me.

Thanks muchly
    Louise

Florida Newbie
    The simple answer is no, you could build on the 1st floor with no spindles at all, but for future referance you could ask the question is it child friendly
    Dave Craven

Yes there are regulations covering this, get in contact with the correct dept via myflorida.com

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lou Lou W
    Hi everyone, I wonder if you could help. I booked a villa on Anna Maria Island back in May but had some problems as we felt it was quite dangerous for our 9month old and two year old.

Our youngest could fit through the gaps in the balustrade which led to a 5ft drop onto a tiled floor, the gap was approx 6". Is there a guideline as to what the maximum should be, I know in the UK it's 4" or 99mm. Is there such a regulation in Florida?

I'd be really grateful if anyone could tell me.

Thanks muchly
    Louise
    [/quote]