Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of an alamo rental agent!

Florida Junior

Confessions of an alamo rental agent!

Hi

Just read this online - confessions of an alamo rental agent and how they fleece us to make thousands of $s a month!

Well I will definately be a 'deeker' and not one of the brits that they can sell anything and everything to!! (read the article to understand)

Nadim

http://consumerist.com/2008/01/6-con...tal-agent.html

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sadly the link will go!

I can't think there are many 'deekers' who use this site(or rather book through this site).

It does explain why Alamo agents were always the worst for trying to push upgrades.

Or us the car hire link on this site, get a fully inclusive rate and not need upgrades [msnwink]
    Jan and Lee

Super Moderator
    Now I know what the car hire agents call me - and it is not my nationality!

The information is 2 years old!

Administrator
    Alamo have taken this seriously. Since then Alamo have asked that if any customer has a hard sell by an agent to ask the agent for his/her name. If 3 genuine complaints are made about 1 agent then they say the agent will be fired.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm not so sure it will [msnwink].

I see nothing wrong with the link and it's a good thing for customers to be aware of over-zealous car hire agents as they will know to say no to everything they try and sell them [msnsmile].
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Sadly the link will go!

[/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Sadly the link will go!

I can't think there are many 'deekers' who use this site(or rather book through this site).

[/quote]
    I would disagree!

I would like to think that people who book through this site are well educated in the art of car rental and know to decline the extras, as homeowners many of us tell our guests to be aware of these sort of tricks and make them aware that upgrades are much cheaper if they do it this side of the Atlantic, they then have the confidence to become deekers.

I am certainly a deeker and I would be surprised if you are not also a deeker.[msnoo]

Perhaps we should run a poll!

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I would disagree!

I would like to think that people who book through this site are well educated in the art of car rental and know to decline the extras, as homeowners many of us tell our guests to be aware of these sort of tricks and make them aware that upgrades are much cheaper if they do it this side of the Atlantic, they then have the confidence to become deekers.

I am certainly a deeker and I would be surprised if you are not also a deeker.

Perhaps we should run a poll![/quote]Doh, Yes sorry, I wrote exactly the opposite to what I intended to write!!!

All the more reason to book your car hire at all inclusive rates through the link on this site. In doing so you can confidently decline extras being sold by agents when collecting the car.
    Jim