Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confessions of an alamo rental agent!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jimiansville
    All the more reason to book your car hire at all inclusive rates through the link on this site. In doing so you can confidently decline extras being sold by agents when collecting the car.
    [/quote]

Absolutely - we are confirmed card carrying Deekers and proud of it!! Thank you USCar Hire [msnsmile2]
    Alison and Danny

Super Moderator
    Last year I was on my own Virgin flight was 2 hours late so was thoroughly fed up by the time I got to the Budget desk slapped passport, car hire voucher and driving licence down on the desk and holidng on to my credit card and the chap said to me he could see I knew what I was doing and did not give me any hard sell at all - so perhaps the trick is to look as though you do know what you are doing.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    Last year I was on my own Virgin flight was 2 hours late so was thoroughly fed up by the time I got to the Budget desk slapped passport, car hire voucher and driving licence down on the desk and holidng on to my credit card and the chap said to me he could see I knew what I was doing and did not give me any hard sell at all - so perhaps the trick is to look as though you do know what you are doing.
    [/quote]

If you are a regular renter with any of the Car Hire companies they will have all your details on the computer and know that you know what you are doing.

I always book fully inclusive through US Car Hire and whilst I have been asked if I would like a bigger car they have never pushed me when I decline.

I think its the first time visitors who are not fully up to speed with the process they will target.

Now is the time to come out of the closet ....[msnwink]

I am a deeker and proud of it [msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know I am..we own both a SUV and a Convertible..so we don't really need the upgrade on holiday..

At least now I can say no thank you I am a deeker
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    We must have "deeker" printed on us somewere as they never ask.

Florida Chatterbox
    I'd like to see their sales pitch in March. We have booked a 15 seater!! Not sure an upgrade exists for that thing! [msnwink]
    Garry Pullan

Florida Expert
    In 12 years of travelling to Florida (mostly twice a year) I think I have only ever upgraded once (and that was because we couldn't comfortably get all the luggage into the car Dollar assigned to us so I went back and upgraded to one with a larger boot/trunk)[msnembarrased]

I just fend off any pressure to upgrade with a firm refusal and the statement that we travel regularly and know exactly what we need. I have Dollar Express and Thrifty cards and am also registered on Alamo computers and I think the reps soon cotton on to the fact that they are getting nowhere with upgrade talk and just get on with the paperwork. [msnsmile2]

Only once did I come close to losing my cool with an extremely persistant Alamo clerk who tried to "con" me by adding a declined upgrade via extra credit card charges. Luckily I do thoroughly check the tick boxes before I initial or sign them and asked him what the "extra" charges were for? He said "For your upgrade sir!" I firmly told him that I had declined all upgrades and asked to speak to his supervisor. He immediately backed down and had to redo the paperwork saying he "must have misheard me" Hmmmm! Always pays to check the charges CAREFULLY before signing even though you're tired after the long flight. [msnwink]

Like the others here, I would certainly recommend Roger and UScarhire for peace of mind that you already have EVERYTHING you need in the way of insurances etc. and shouldn't need anything else (unless you willingly decide to upgrade your compact for a bright shiny open topped Mustang !![msnsmile2]
    Kevin