Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Basketball tickets- Orlando Magic

Florida Newbie

Basketball tickets- Orlando Magic

hi guys
    would love to experience a basketball game
    after searching what events where on while i am in orlando i see orlando magic are playing new orleans hornets 10th october 2010.
    can anybody give me any info on the Amway Center?

is this a real basket ball match, tickets are from $12 i thought i would have to pay in excess of $50??

This is a scheduled game. [name edited] has tickets from $11 or so. be prepared to be way up in the stands for that money though.
    Regards, Mark

Super Moderator
    We always go to the Amway Centre and buy our tickets on the door in advance - this way we get to see the plan for the seating.

It is pre season for the NBA but it will still be a good game.

The new Amway Centre is due to open in October so not sure if this game will be played in the old or new centre.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Personally I dislike the NBA games, as do many of my American friends who understand basketball.(I played a lot) Whilst the skill levels are undisputed, the players are a law unto themselves and essentially ignore the laws of the game, with the Umpires too scared to call them for technical fouls.

IMO college basketball is better.

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Personally I dislike the NBA games, as do many of my American friends who understand basketball.(I played a lot) Whilst the skill levels are undisputed, the players are a law unto themselves and essentially ignore the laws of the game, with the Umpires too scared to call them for technical fouls.

IMO college basketball is better.

[/quote]

Robert agree the NCAA games are far better than the professional games. Robert had to enter draws for Tarheel tickets as the games were so popular.

We go and order them from Stub Hub and pick them up when we get to the game.

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We have been to a few Orlando Magic games and buy our tickets from the Official Ticket office at the junction of the 535 and Poinciana Blvd. Each time we have paid in excess of $70 to get reasonable seats.

Jane