Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: High Grove

Florida Newbie

High Grove

Hello everybody, so nice to be back on the forum after an absence of a few years. Having spent this summer holiday decorating at home, we felt that we definitely needed a trip to Florida next year. So we've found a lovely villa on the High Grove community and were wondering if anybody had stayed there and how they found it. We have also got passes to go to the Baham Bay resort, which looks fantastic, so again if anybody has any comments they would be most appreciated.

Hi Tony,
    Welcome back to OV forum. Good news about your holiday to Florida next year
    I own a house on HighGrove, I have repeat guests that return year after year. I am sure you will enjoy your time on Highgrove
    In a great location in walking distance to Wal-Mart and numerous restaurants.

I have one concern that I feel obliged to mention. Please check with the owner you are renting from that you do have access to Bahama Bay.

The free passes for owners and guests to visit Bahama Bay ceased in 2006. All owners were notified by letter that Bahama Bay had been sold and the new owners would not be offering free entry to owners and guests staying at HighGrove in the future

The owner you are renting from may have made private arrangements with Bahama Bay or maybe paying an annual membership.

My advice is please confirm with the owner, as I would not want you to be disappointed when you can't gain free access to Bahama Bay whilst on holiday. [msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Hi Tony,

Welcome back!

Like Barbara I own a home on High Grove and I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday there.

I would also suggest that you confirm with the owner that they have definately got access to Bahama Bay if this is an important part of your holiday.

Like Barbara we stopped offering this to guests back in 2006 when Bahama Bay changed ownership and the service was no longer offered to all High Grove owners and guests. If the passes to Bahama Bay are no longer available don't let it put you off staying at High Grove, there is so much to see and do in the area that we only visited once in the 2 years that we did have the passes.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Thank you Barbara and Julie. I will definitely find out about the Bahama Bay pass and although it won't be a deal breaker if it isn't there, it would make me a bit wary. However, thinking positively, I am sure it will be okay. The community looks ideal for us and the fact there is a communal pool and clubhouse adds extra appeal as our children (12, 20 and 22 years)can go off and leave me and my wife with a bit of peace and relaxation.....and do a spot of golf. I also understand there is a pub right by the entrance and within walking distance, even better news. Can't wait!!!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    welcome back and have fun planning your next trip
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Tony yes there is a pub at the entrance to Highgrove called Devanneys.
    Barbara

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Narrator
    Thank you Barbara and Julie. I will definitely find out about the Bahama Bay pass and although it won't be a deal breaker if it isn't there, it would make me a bit wary. However, thinking positively, I am sure it will be okay. The community looks ideal for us and the fact there is a communal pool and clubhouse adds extra appeal as our children (12, 20 and 22 years)can go off and leave me and my wife with a bit of peace and relaxation.....and do a spot of golf. I also understand there is a pub right by the entrance and within walking distance, even better news. Can't wait!!!![/quote]You are more than welcome Tony. I wanted to ensure you were fully aware of the present situation concerning Bahama Bay.
    Very pleased it isn't a deal breaker.

The clubhouse at Highgrove is wellworth a visit, the younger children will enjoy the activity programme scheduled weekly and the film nights for the children is good fun.

The staff in the clubhouse are also very helpful and will assist you anyway they can.

Don't forget to report back after your trip. [msnsmile2]
    Barbara