Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Silver Card Visa

Silver Card Visa

Anybody heard anymore about the introduction of a Silver card "retirement visa", Is it just a myth or do you think it will eventually happen. The last I can find any news on it was 08/09.

Not sure, but I have heard that this is available, but you have to have a very large sum of money to deposit in the US before you can get it.

Andrena

If it is what I am thinking it may be, it has been 'talked about' for the last twenty years or so but no further action has been taken so don't get your hopes up just yet!!

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Andrena
    I think that one is the EB5 investment visa which isn't as such a retirees visa but if you have a spare half a million pounds that you may never see again then it is feasible (also you have to have the time to wait for the reversion to green card).
    Every few years the mention of a "silver visa " comes up but it never seems to progress very far.
    Babblin Boo

I think that's right Steph, it's the EB5 that is probably being referred to. Too much financial risk and no guarantees make it unattractive to most. IFrom the things I've read, I think the main stumbling block for retirement visas in the past has been healthcare costs.
    Jim

Gold 5 Star Member
    The retirement visa was first proposed in 1999, got support from Florida and a couple of the other southern states but not enough from the other states ( who did not have so much to gain) to get through, the proposer then lost his seat at the next election so that was that. Yes it surfaced again about two years ago but nothing came of it. Health insurance for the elderly with no access to medicare is prohibitive anyway.
    Julie