Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K Mart?

Florida Junior

K Mart?

Last time I went to the US I found K Mart a good alternative to Walmart as the stores tended to be a bit smaller but still had a good range with good prices, however I heard a while ago that they had gone bust. Does anyone know if they are still around?
    Thanks
    Nadim

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    K Mart is now part of the Sears group, but when we were there in February the Big K Mart on the 192 was still there, I have the clothes to prove it[msnsmile2]
    Lyn

Florida Junior
    That's good to hear as we used to go to the K Mart on the 192 fairly regular

Target is another alternative to Walmart.

Andrena

Super Moderator
    Some of the Target stores also have a fresh food section including the one at Posner Park, at the junction of the I4 and US27.

Florida Savvy
    Target, K mart, Walmart, Burlington Coat Factory, Bealls are all within a couple of miles of each other on the 192 plus Ross and Bealls outlet are also well worth a visit- so much choice so little time to spend in them - just where does the time go when your here.....

VIOLET BARROW

The Target at Posner Park is not a Super Target that has fresh food other than milk. It has packaged food but only a small selection unlike the Super Target's that have rows and rows of food plus fresh veg, fruit, etc. You definitely would not be able to complete your grocery shopping in the Posner Target.[msnoo]

Sandra

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    The Target at Posner Park is not a Super Target that has fresh food other than milk. It has packaged food but only a small selection unlike the Super Target's that have rows and rows of food plus fresh veg, fruit, etc. You definitely would not be able to complete your grocery shopping in the Posner Target.[msnoo]

Sandra

[/quote]

When we were out in May they had part of the store sectioned off and big signs for buidling works saying the alterations were for a new fresh food section opening in June so assumed they were going to be selling fruit and veg etc. Still will call in next week to see what they have got.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ

Sandra

[/quote]

When we were out in May they had part of the store sectioned off and big signs for buidling works saying the alterations were for a new fresh food section opening in June so assumed they were going to be selling fruit and veg etc. Still will call in next week to see what they have got.
    [/quote]

Jill, you are correct. The fresh food section opened in June, and it includes fruit, veg, cheese etc.

Wow, I didn't go in on my visit in July so that is brilliant if they have a full range of food like the Super Targets sell. Saves having to travel further afield. Thank you for the updated information. I went in at the end of May but didn't see any signs - must have been too busy shopping[msnwink]

Sandra