Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comforter or Duvet

Florida Savvy

Comforter or Duvet

In the UK we only use a duvets with a seperate cover but in Florida it seems that comforters (cover n quilt built in) are more popular.

If you could choose - which would be your favourite? Thinking of changing ours, appreciate advice both for and against.

Thanks

VIOLET BARROW

Super Moderator
    We prefer our UK duvet system but have found although duvets are available in the States they do not yet seem so used to them as us so we just replaced our bedding with new comforters - got some very good bargains in Macy's earlier this year and of course got the extra discount by getting an overseas visitors discount card from customer services.

At home I tend to use my quilt as a comforter in that I use a sheet underneath. Less washing and if it is warm, I can peel off the quilt and still have a cover [msnsmile]
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    We use a comforter and sheets a lot easier on making the bed up after washing..

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    I use a comforter on our bed at home in the summer and a duvet in the winter.
    Tracy

We have comforters and sheets for the villa bedrooms. Unless you can get duvet covers that absolutely don't crease, then the bed will look pretty messy as you probably won't find an MC who irons duvet covers!! Different in a hotel where they have their own laundry.

Sandra

Love our Comforters and would have them in the UK if hubby would let me.
    Jan and Lee

We have comforters in Florida and have brought them home to use in the UK as well. We have even converted our families too. They are much easier than struggling to put on duvet covers, who need that, it is so much easier to just put on a sheet and pull up the comforter. If it is really cold then we just add a blanket between the comforter and the sheet. I like an easy life, life is too short to mess around with duvet covers, I just love my comforter and it looks so much nicer too with lovely matching pillows.
    Some of my friends booked to go to our home in Florida just so they could get them as I refused to bring them back for them - it was a good way of getting bookings!!

Andrena

Florida Expert
    Have had a comforter for years as my DH sleeps very hot. The last couple of years I am finding that I am getting a bit cold at night in winter so thinking when it gets really cold of popping a duvet on

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We have duvets at home - but occasionally I change it to just a sheet and a comforter. In our villa my guests have the choice - I've bought duvets and covers for all the beds and of course the comforters are also there - and it depends on time of year what is put on the beds.
    Jean