Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comforter or Duvet

Florida Savvy
    Ok so most people prefer comforters - but how often do these get cleaned?
    VIOLET BARROW

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by VIOLET
    [/quote]

A question I have often asked myself. We are usually so hot that we sleep with only a sheet, but when we need the comforter I always make sure the sheet is the only thing touching me[msnsmile2]
    Lyn

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by VIOLET
    [/quote]

A question I have often asked myself. We are usually so hot that we sleep with only a sheet, but when we need the comforter I always make sure the sheet is the only thing touching me[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

ame here... not always easy cos i do hot n cold due to medications...

we bought a lovely black n red comforter full bed set for here looks gorgeous on my bed, loads of lovely black red cushions to match.... even had a lazer cut design of the design on the bedding made to spray over on the walls looks great... oh and in the winter we use a duck feathered quilt sheet on first quilt then comfortoer turned back....
    love them...
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    I managed to wash my comforters, even the king sized one.
    Karen

Another vote for comforters..I also use a sheet with mine.

My king size (queen size in US) fits in my washing machine.

Kx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've not washed mine in nearly 6 years but then its mostly in the FL house for show..we use a sheet and blankets for sleeping..at home I have 3 so I always have one washed or drying

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    In the Villa - I have mine washed or cleaned twice a year (or more if needed!) At home it gets washed or cleaned at least 3 or 4 time a year - I have the same large American type washer and dryer at home as I do in the Villa and it takes a Queen size no bother. But they are all used with a sheet and not next to your skin!
    Jean

It's comforters for us as well. We have them in the villa and have also brought some home for our bedrooms here in the UK. We have just renovated our main bedroom here in the UK and took small samples of wallpaper and carpet to the US on our last trip to make sure we got a perfect match. Managed to get a really fantastic comforter with lots of accessories to match including towels for the en suite. Looks fantastic!
    Jim

I love the selection of comforters in the States. I have brought comforters home for myself, family & friends.

We usually fly with USAirways and get 2 pieces of check in baggage each (preferred members)

So most trips back I check in a comforter set - just brought my SIL back a fantastic set from Macys which was down from $350 to $99.

Bernadette

Florida Chatterbox
    I have US king size comforter sets here in UK, I use and wash the sheet set regularly. The comforter I wash at the local launderette twice a year.

Now that we don't have a cat I decided to put a new Bed in a Bag on that I'd brought home some years ago. I'd been loathe to use it before as the cats were quite old and were no longer retracting their claws.

I took off my old quilt that had been on the bed for 12 years? My husband wanted me to throw it out but I decided to wash it again and store it as I still can't get used to the new one.

Every time I go over to Florida I look to see if they do the same style as it looks so clean a fresh, haven't been successful yet but still keep searching.

In Beds Bath and Beyond I bought a down comforter for around $100, I've also bought comforter covers. They don't have poppers like ones in UK and normally do up with large buttons.

The only thing I don't like with the bed in a bags is the platform valance. As I have a 6' bed I have zip and link mattress which I turn regularly. The valance rides up and I'm experimenting with cutting our the middle section so that the valance can run around the edge of the base. Just need to work out how to attach it.