Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

We are a family with 2 children, ages 6 & 8, who will be visiting Orlando for the first time for 2 weeks in November, we have already purchased Disney Park 2 week passes. I've read in the Unofficial Guide to WDW that they do not recommend MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY to first time visitors of the world. (I have emailed the authors of the book to ask why and they said its because historically Disney have sold loads of tickets to these parties and they get very busy). I'm concerned cos the party goes on til midnight and it'll be a very late night for the children, especially with the UK time difference, but at the same time I don't want them to miss the party if it is unmissable! I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice please[?]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We have been to Florida over 28 times, (next visits now booked). The guides are just that guides!!

I always advise any visitors, go where you want to go and make up your own mind.[msnsmile2]

If you like it you can go back, if not you can go somewhere else.

I have read guide books where the "experts" tell you Universal Studios is far better than Hollywood Studios. I have spoken to people who love Hollywood far better than Universal.

We are all different, we all like different things.

We were advised not to take our twins to MNSSHP when they were 18months old, we did they loved it[msnwink], the parades, trick or treating, meeting caracters, etc. We thought they would (and were told), only see a few things and it would not be worth the money. Wrong they were up till 11.30pm, would'nt go to sleep, and as we left the park both fell asleep in their buggies.

The following day we let them sleep on and had a lazy day round the pool.

Now when were over there the first thing they ask is what parties are on while were visiting. MVMCP,MNSSHP,Pirate & Princess Party etc.

Go for it I'm sure you won't regret it.
    mike

Florida Chatterbox
    Mentioned above, do what you feel like doing, advice is just that. I have been going florida for many years and this year will be the first time we are really doing the parks, limited it maybe as a family.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by robinhood
    We are a family with 2 children, ages 6 & 8, who will be visiting Orlando for the first time for 2 weeks in November, we have already purchased Disney Park 2 week passes. I've read in the Unofficial Guide to WDW that they do not recommend MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY to first time visitors of the world. (I have emailed the authors of the book to ask why and they said its because historically Disney have sold loads of tickets to these parties and they get very busy). I'm concerned cos the party goes on til midnight and it'll be a very late night for the children, especially with the UK time difference, but at the same time I don't want them to miss the party if it is unmissable! I'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice please[?]

In this instance, I wouldn't agree with the unofficial guide. We've been to this twice and found it to be much less busy than during the daytime opening - they do restrict ticket sales for it. In fact, this was the reason we made sure we went the second time. We're going again this year and will do the same again.

To be honest, the only real difference between the Christmas Party and the normal daytime opening is the relative lack of queues - they give out free hot chocolate and cookies, but beyond that, I can't say I noticed too much extra going on which would make it a 'party'. But despite that, it was well worth it in my opinion. Your kids are the perfect age.
    [/quote]
    Tonish

Florida Savvy
    I have aalways missed it because we arrive on 20/12 and the party is over on or about 19/29. I have been over to [website link edited] and everyone loves it. I think you should go, you'll have a great time.

Thanks for your great advise, we've decided to give it a go!! Can't wait... [msnsmile]