Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: communities near Highway 27

Florida Savvy
    We did stay at Regal Palms on the 27 and whilst it is within walking distance of shops I found it a bit isolated and not enought variety for me - I prefer the 192.
    VIOLET BARROW

Solana Resort a small gated community on the US 27 and close to Bery Town Centre, not walking distance but a short car drive, as is Posner Park. Plus you have all the facilities of a resort. 4,000 sq ft clubhouse, concierge services, large heated pool, spa, gym, pool tables, table tennis, putting green, organised events. etc.
    Catherine & Mike

Highgrove Resort is a gated community on US 27. Short walk to Wal-Mart, bars restaurants, pharmacy and much more.
    Highgrove also has a clubhouse with fitness centre communal pool. Events are held in the Clubhouse every week for children and families .

Barbara

Florida Expert
    We always stay near H27 now as we really like it. Quiet (although busier now than when we first started staying there) and it feels like you're away from the main hubub of it all but everything is very accessible. All the different places we have stayed around there have all been nice

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    We stayed on Highlands Reserve earlier this year. Lovely, quiet community within walking distance of the shops etc mentioned in another reply.

Very good golf course. Highlands Reserve gives good access in both directions being just 10 minutes from the 192 and 10 minutes from the I4.

We are staying on Highlands again next March.
    [/quote]
    An excellent choice Garry - with an acknowledgement that I'm completely biased there!!

I'm sure you already know this but thought I would check just in case ... that there's the quick way to Berry Town Center by going out through the Sand Mine Road exit from Highlands.

For anyone else staying on Highlands, this is also the best way out if you plan on heading North on 27 as you go straight out via the lights at Berry Town Center.
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    We stayed on Highlands Reserve earlier this year. Lovely, quiet community within walking distance of the shops etc mentioned in another reply.

Very good golf course. Highlands Reserve gives good access in both directions being just 10 minutes from the 192 and 10 minutes from the I4.

We are staying on Highlands again next March.
    [/quote]
    An excellent choice Garry - with an acknowledgement that I'm completely biased there!!

I'm sure you already know this but thought I would check just in case ... that there's the quick way to Berry Town Center by going out through the Sand Mine Road exit from Highlands.

For anyone else staying on Highlands, this is also the best way out if you plan on heading North on 27 as you go straight out via the lights at Berry Town Center.
    [/quote]

Yes that is a great tip Steve as crossing the 27 to go north can be quite daunting! Sand Mine Road lights are the best bet unless arriving home from the south.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Junior
    Vistapark resort is another resort close to Berry Town Centre.
    It is almost across the road on the other side of HW27. Vistapark is on Florence Villa Grove Road, coming from HW192, it's the turn left at the lights just before the lights at Berry Town Centre. Great Location.

When we travel to florida we always rent villas on Highway 27 and very close to BerryTown. It has everything close by. Our Favorite is the Applebees Restaurant. We Stayed at Calabay Parc this past march and very close by.
    Randy Johnston

Florida Chatterbox
    back again on forum hoping to go next year. If staying at say Highland Reserve, which road would you take to airport and also I drive? Would you take I4 to champions gate and double back, don't fancy having to use the 192 at all.

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    We're at Hampton Lakes, just south of Highlands and when we go to/from Airport we use I4 and 417 so don't touch 192 then. When going to International Drive again we pick up the I4 at Championsgate. Now the Ronald Reagan Parkway has been completed with widened lanes, street lights etc/ it's much safer to drive along there than it was previously and we didnt recommend that route to our Guests.
    Babblin Boo