Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Coral

Florida Savvy

Golden Coral

Just had our first trip to Golden Coral and WOW not normally a fan of buffet restaurants but for the price ($7.99 I think) this is the King of them.

Armed with our $1 off voucher from the Discount books we entered and was surprised to see a Disney type waiting in line section (which was a little off putting for a restaurant but in for a penny in for a pound) we miandered our way around to the front and were handed a tray and 6 plates and asked what we would like to drink (tea served at the table) seeing we were confused English people we were told to find a table and help outselves - our server will assist.

Now the seating is not the best, its functional and a little 'works canteen like' but the buffet....

There is a massive salad bar - think 4 different types of just lettuce greens, and everything else you can think of sliced egg, chopped egg, beetroot, nuts, seeds, prawns, pickles everything. Then there is two types of soup, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, mash, chips, new potatos, fried chicken, roast chicken, bourbon chicken, chicken goujons, nuggets, strips, carved turkey, pot roast (to die for) grilled sirloin steaks cooked to order, chilli, pitza, bread rolls, ribs, gravy, veggies galour..... the list goes on and on. I defy even the fussiest of eaters not to find something they will like to eat.

The dessets - Gateux about 4 different types, individual fruit pies about 6 types (banana cream, apple, pumpkin etc) crispy cakes, dime bar cakes, fresh fruit, hot puddings with custard, cold puddings, ice cream station with sweety toppings like gummy bears and smarties or sprinkles....

Its not a romantic meal destination but I would defo recomend for a family meal or a lunch (dont have a good breakfast n dont expect to eat later on) Phew... snoozing by the pool after this good meal is recommended.

VIOLET BARROW

Would agree that it is not fine dining but when hubby and I last went with 5 teenage boys they all found something they liked and it did not break the bank. Would recommend the breakfast buffet too as it sets you up for the day and you don't need lunch [msneek].v Gets our family vote.
    Jan and Lee

We also thought it great value for money and one of the better buffets that are around. We used the Buena Vista branch, very good. The grandchildren loved it after spending the day at the waterparks, but I was so full that we have not been since. Must remember to go on my next trip.

Sandra

LOVE the bourbon chicken and the banana cream pie - my main reason for going to the Golden Corral !!![msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Florida Expert
    We were going to give it a try last time but didn't get to it. With 2 teens and another who might as well be sounds like worth a visit. Love the fact that in Florida, anywhere we have been, the drinks don't break the bank. In this country we are constantly saying (apart from Harvesters, Nando's and Pizza hut) make it last as 2 drinks would usually add £20ish to the bill

Gold 5 Star Member
    We dont even buy drinks for my daughter and me as neither of us like fizzy drinks but get a glass of water, the servers will bring tea, coffee, glasses of milk and refills for the soda (they dont charge extra for them either.
    Babblin Boo

we went to ponderosa several times, dont think we did golden coral last trip... but all really good value... try steak n shake down the 192.... some really nice lunch snacks ....lots of food for not a lot of money...
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    The kids love Ponderosa's for brekkie. When planning our trip first thing down is Ponderosa's. Eat enough to take us through the day and have an icecream in the afternoon. Not only saves money but time too

Florida Chatterbox
    I love buffet restaurants but OH hates them so for the sake of harmony we rarely go.

We've recently been going to Perkins, bit hit and miss with the service but the foods normally good and reasonably priced.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We like Golden Coral, when the family are with us it is the 1st place they want to go. The biggest problem is we all eat far to much.[msnembarrased] This is a relativly new find, we always used to go to the Ponderosa but after visiting the Golden Coral that was it, my son can eat for England, but this fills him every time.
    Lyn