Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool facing east??

Florida Chatterbox

Pool facing east??

Hi all i am looking to rent a villa but the pool faces east, bungalow not a house, no casting shadows from either side,and nothing at all to the south,but all there is, is the width of the pool screen facing south so when would i get the any sun in the afternoon??

Gold 5 Star Member
    What time of the year are you travelling Paul?
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    Going in May

I would imagine that you'll get the sun in the morning and start losing it in the afternoon as the sun goes over the house, although during May the sun should be fairly high so I would hope you'll have the sun 'til at least mid afternoon - the best advice though is to ask the owner.
    If you like sunny breakfasts and lunches out by the pool followed by afternoons at the attractions then you won't have any problems.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    Yes - my Villa faces south-west - so we get the sun from mid morning util the sun goes down - so I think if it's east facing you'll get it for a few hours midday, and then it'll go over the house to the front. Again - it depends on what time of year, of course. But a few hours sometimes is really long enough - you'll be glad to cool off in the shade!
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    Caroline has just about summed it up perfectly Paul. Can't add any more!
    Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    thanks all ill find another as would like sun in the later afternoon

Super Moderator
    Best thing you can do is actually ask the owner how long the pool area is in the sun. Florida is much nearer the tropic line than here in the UK and even our north facing pool is in the sun ALL day in May.

Yes, like Jill our north facing pool gets the sun all day, it all comes down to whether it is a two storey home and whether there are two-storey homes around which could cast shadows. We have neither and therefore get the the best of all worlds, the sun most of the day on the pool and shade under the lanai which is most welcome in the heat of the day.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    My neighbours south facing pool is in the shade more than ours would be if we had one..its the design of his house..so only the owner would really know