Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Virgin Air Miles

Virgin Air Miles

Does anyone know if you can transfer air miles?

Both Gary and myself have air miles and we want to transfer mine onto Gary's Flying Club account - can we do that ?

If not how would we use both accounts to buy flights using miles + money for the whole family ?

Also can you use air miles for any dates or do Virgin limit the dates you can use them on ?

Wendy

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitch50

Both Gary and myself have air miles and we want to transfer mine onto Gary's Flying Club account - can we do that ?[/quote] The short answer is no!

Also can you use air miles for any dates or do Virgin limit the dates you can use them on ?[/quote] For free flights with Virgin, I have found the dates very restrictive.

If there are a group of people travelling, use miles plus money from the account you think is "best value". For me, this means clearing the account and continually building one account so you get a free flight.

I would also register every traveller who is not in the Virgin miles programme so you get bonus miles credited to your account following their flight.

Even though Virgin say you won't receive miles for miles plus money flights. Following your flight, log in to Flying Club and fill in the missing miles link and you will receive them. Well, I have every time [msnwink]
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    Mark is right. I enquired a couple of months ago of the flying club admin. Long and the short of it, we used my miles to reduce the cost of our trip for both of us this November. We won't get any points on either account as you can't spend and earn points on the same flight but it did reduce the cost of the flights by 40 pounds each so can't moan as I probably wasn't going to use them otherwise.
    Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    Whilst you can't combine accounts, you can combine the spend. I.e. if you have 50,000 miles on 2 accounts then you can combine this to spend 100,000 on one ticket. The only thing that they ask is that you take an equal number of miles from each account.

Florida Expert
    How much of a reduction you get for a miles and money flight depends on the flights. Last time we had about £100 off per flight. The saving for next July when I looked is about £80. My husband does online surveys and when he has enough points he can transfer them into virgin miles (2000 points for 500 miles with e-rewards). This has the benefit of increasing his miles account and keeping the account active.

Florida Newbie
    Just booked flights with Virgin for next May with miles,£195.30,hubby didn't have enough miles so bought some for £60 to top him up.So we got two flights for less than £460,over the moon,especially as it's our 30th anniversary next year

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    How much of a reduction you get for a miles and money flight depends on the flights. Last time we had about £100 off per flight. The saving for next July when I looked is about £80. My husband does online surveys and when he has enough points he can transfer them into virgin miles (2000 points for 500 miles with e-rewards). This has the benefit of increasing his miles account and keeping the account active.
    [/quote]I generally find the 2,000 (each) cost of miles+money saves £60-80 per person.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    "Even though Virgin say you won't receive miles for miles plus money flights. Following your flight, log in to Flying Club and fill in the missing miles link and you will receive them. Well, I have every time "

Just a word of caution, as Virgin do say clearly on their terms that no miles are allowed for reward flights I would say doing this amounts to fraud and even hazard a guess that if Virgin found out you were doing this could take further action and perhaps even have something in their terms that says they can charge you the full unrestricted fare etc. Just because you have got away with something does not mean that it won't happen or that it's the right thing to do.
    We all have seen how things reported on websites and forums can get spread to others very quickly so they could easily find out.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Me and my sister wanted to do this but was told we couldn't, so in the end we bought enough on my card for value I had and then did the rest with my sister's card and was then told once they were booked we could merge the two bookings together. I think she booked 7 of us and I did 5 then phoned up got them merged together and booked our seats at the same time. We fly in 8 weeks 5 days[msncool]
    Shazz

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan

Both Gary and myself have air miles and we want to transfer mine onto Gary's Flying Club account - can we do that ?[/quote] The short answer is no!

Also can you use air miles for any dates or do Virgin limit the dates you can use them on ?[/quote] For free flights with Virgin, I have found the dates very restrictive.

If there are a group of people travelling, use miles plus money from the account you think is "best value". For me, this means clearing the account and continually building one account so you get a free flight.

I would also register every traveller who is not in the Virgin miles programme so you get bonus miles credited to your account following their flight.

Even though Virgin say you won't receive miles for miles plus money flights. Following your flight, log in to Flying Club and fill in the missing miles link and you will receive them. Well, I have every time [msnwink]
    [/quote]

Only during school holidays are they restrictive. Haven't had real problems outside those dates.