Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone

Mobile Phone

Could anyone advise please - After many visits to Orlando we have never managed to use our mobile phones, (we were told a tri-band would work which but it didn't!)I am looking to buy a Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro on the Virgin Network, has anyone successfully used a Virgin Networked phone in Orlando?
    Lesley

Did you set this up with your providor, they do not just 'work' they have to allow you to use the phone abroad. Its a very expensive way of making calls as you will be charged for incoming and outgoing calls at premium rates. Best getting a sim card over their or from ebay.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DISNEYDIVA
    Could anyone advise please - After many visits to Orlando we have never managed to use our mobile phones, (we were told a tri-band would work which but it didn't!)I am looking to buy a Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro on the Virgin Network, has anyone successfully used a Virgin Networked phone in Orlando?
    [/quote]

Thanks for that,
    We have a LG Viewty - we were told in the shop that it would work internationally - couldn't get a signal in Orlando.
    I have just tried to order a Sony X10 Mini Pro but was told their system is down [msneek] and they will ring me back...............
    They have assured me they will make sure it is set up for international before we go.[msnscared]
    We will take a look at phones/sim cards when we are overthere.
    Lesley

Im on the vigin network and haven't had any problems in Florida. Usually my phone automatically tunes to AT&T or Cingular. But as the previous posts state I did need to ask Virgin to activate international calls.

Hope this helps,

Diane.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Hubby is with Virgin and has never had any trouble using his phone in the US, but we did have to tell them beforehand
    Lyn

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DISNEYDIVA
    Thanks for that,
    We have a LG Viewty - we were told in the shop that it would work internationally - couldn't get a signal in Orlando.
    I have just tried to order a Sony X10 Mini Pro but was told their system is down [msneek] and they will ring me back...............
    They have assured me they will make sure it is set up for international before we go.[msnscared]
    We will take a look at phones/sim cards when we are overthere.[/quote]What network were you on last time you tried?

Thanks for the advice everyone, the Viewty is on the Vodafone network.
    I have now ordered the Sony X10 Mini Pro - got put through to a nice man in the Philippines [msneek]have to ring a couple of days before we go to get the International roaming activated.
    Just need to learn how to use it[msnscared]
    Lesley

Remember to arrange the Mortgage to pay the bill once you get home, it will be horrendous!!!

Andrena

Are you not staying in a villa that gives you free International Calls as many of them do. Using your own mobile is going to prove extremely expensive. You can buy a $5/$10 phone card at most stores which will give you quite a bit of airtime. Your own phone will probably be something like £1.99 per minute or something equally ridiculous.

I would be very careful if you do use it and don't forget, you will be paying if anyone in UK rings you on your mobile!! My advice - switch it off.

Sandra

Thanks for the advice - didn't realise it would be as expensive as that [msneek]
    It is mainly for emergencies, we will use it for texting home, reading e-mail's etc.
    I get 200 free calls and unlimited text and web for £20 per month on Virgin contract.
    Villa has land line but may be free local calls only, so may have to get a phone card.
    [msnsmile]
    Lesley