Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: What a dreadful day

Florida Expert

What a dreadful day

Middle daughter (age 15) got up with a 'strange pain'and felt 'a bit weird'. Sat her down and went to get her a drink. Looked through to her to see her start shaking and then slump to the floor still shaking. Sent youngest up for DH and first aid went out the window so tried to pick her up. He came down, I went to phone 999. One very confused girl coming round as paramedic arrived in car. Obs ok apart from low bp so kept her quiet today and take her docs tomorrow for further checks re bp; and she's fine now.
    Lovely paramedic but never want to go through that again[msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    sorry to hear that, hope all is okay now
    Jan&Steve

You must have got such a fright. Hope everything is OK and your daughter is now feeling much better.
    Jim

How frightening. Hope everything goes ok at the doctors today
    Jan

Florida Expert
    Hope all goes well at the doctors today, what a worry

Florida Expert
    Thanks guys. Doc says her bp is now on the low side of normal so that could be her norm. Then if it dips it is too low. Could be hormonal too (blinkin hormones have a lot to answer for) Wait and see how she goes but if happens again will look at doing some blood tests. At least if it happens again it shouldn't be quite as frightening as yesterday

Super Moderator
    Sorry to hear about your daughter - must have been very frightening. It is never easy when we see our children at anything less than their best. I hope she does not have any more problems.

Florida Expert
    You must have had quite a shock. Hope she is fine now and does not have to experience it again.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    My daughter has the same kind of thing nearly every month I can find her passed out sometimes in the bathroom mostly because she also feels very sick with it..I get woken up some nights by her calling out mum I'm going..and we find her on the floor..they put her on the pill that stopped it happening over night but after nearly 15 years I made her stop taking it and now its started again

Florida Expert
    Thanks everyone. Chrizzy that is really interesting as would certainly be hormones. I know from my own experience what hormones can do (horrendous pains in my legs that used to make me cry i was in so much pain; hysteerctomy sorted that out) so we will have to wait and see but think I will have to let school know just in case.