Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Car Hire = Visa Debit

Car Hire = Visa Debit

I havent posted in a while. We were regular posters before our Orlando Wedding in 07 but havent been on for a bit.

Visa Debit seems to be ok at Alamo, are you aware of any car hire companies that still dont take it? We no longer use a credit card as we prefer to keep closer tabs on the money.
    Team Thomson

Administrator
    Alamo and Dollar have never had a problem with Visa Debit (as long as it's not a pre paid card / Electron). According to their terms and conditions they do say a major credit card so we are not allowed to categorically say that Debit Cards are OK.

Budget specifically do not take any debit cards and usually actively refuse the car rental to anyone that does not have a credit card.

Thanks a million Roger.

We used your site last time and had no problem but we've ditched the CC's. Alamo was who we hired from before so think I'll stick with that.

Thanks again

Team Thomson

Florida Expert
    As Thrifty are part of Dollar are they ok with Debit Cards?
    Denise

Florida Chatterbox
    Used Thrifty the last 4 trips and used both my Visa Debit and Credit with no problems.
    Jeff

Florida Expert
    Can you book car hire using a US bank account debit card?
    Denise

Florida Expert
    Hi Denise,

I use both my UK credit card (to book the car) and my Wachovia Debit card (for petrol and any incidental expenses when collecting the car at the airport) and both Dollar and Alamo seem to be fine with this. I've never actually booked the car with my debit card though. Maybe Roger can tell you if you contact him directly [msnsmile]
    Kevin