Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Esta £9 from 9th September 2010

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by karenk
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    I updated our ESTA's last night with the address we'll be staying at next year.

Our current ESTA's expire on 7th October 2010 and i was hoping that by doing the update now i'd avoid the $14 per person charge.

It seems i won't though as our ESTA's still show an expiry of 7th October 2010

Does anyone know if a renewal will be charged $14 each or just brand new applications? Also, if i just apply for new ESTA's now will they supercede the existing one's or will they just get rejected as there already being an authorised ESTA in place[?]
    [/quote]

I'm not 100% sure but my understanding is that you won't pay if you APPLY by the September deadline. If I've read your post correctly it seems that what you've done is update your existing authorisation.

I suspect that what you need to do is make completely new applications even though your existing ESTA is still valid. It isn't a problem and I've done that a few times - mainly because I'm too idle to keep proper records and so I just complete an application in advance of my next transatlantic trip. In fact your post has just reminded me to do that.[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info, you've just answered a question I've been wondering about. As in what would Homeland security say when you turn up with two Estas instead of just the one. Obviously one just extends the other so now I'm happy to go ahead and redo ours which should be up next February.
    [/quote]
    That's not quite correct. You can't have two registrations, if the passport number is the same. And if you reapply you won't just get your current ESTA registration extended for another two years. You will get a completely new registration, with a completely new reference number. It's important to remember this if you want to update it later.

The new registration over-writes the old one. If you try to access the old ESTA registration you will simply get a message saying it has expired.
    Keith

Florida Expert
    Thanks everyone, i'll re-apply for new ones before the charge comes in.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just thought I'd bounce this thread to remind everybody that you have to re-apply by this coming Wednesday to get the last 2 year free period.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Just thought I'd bounce this thread to remind everybody that you have to re-apply by this coming Wednesday to get the last 2 year free period.[/quote]
    You need to apply by Tuesday to avoid the charge. The fee applies if you submit your application on Wednesday (despite what the subject of this thread says).