Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 1 night stay ???

Florida Newbie

1 night stay ???

Hi all, im travelling to florida and staying in Kissimee for 2 weeks from 8th Oct this year.
    me and my girlfriend are wanting to drive somewere (clearwater/daytona......any ideas?) and stay over for the night, just to see what its like in other areas or towns.
    can anybody suggest anywhere that we would find a lovely place to travel.
    we are both mid 20's and looking for somewere kind of lively on a night ( nothing too wild ) but is pituresc during the day with places to visit, preferably on the coast so we can have a stroll on the beach

any advice would be great thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Miami and Fort Lauderdale has lively nightlife,
    Jan&Steve

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I agree, most places might be a little quiet, when in Fort Lauderdale we stayed at the Days Inn which was close to the beach (across a quite bust road) in the evening their was live entertainment around the tikki bar and restaurant.
    Lyn

Florida Newbie
    thanks for replys guys, these places look a little further away than i was hoping to drive, these look around 4 hours e/way.
    i was hoping for a 2 hour drive maximum as we are hoping to only do a 1 night stay over

what is clear water like?

Florida Expert
    Cocoa Beach is only about 1.5 hours drive away.

Was nice during the day when we were there, bit windy but there was a hurricane hitting the northern gulf coast so everywhere was windy at the time

Also, have you thought of Daytona Beach? Possibly a bit more lively in Daytona Beach than Clearwater/Cocoa etc.

Florida Newbie
    im open to all suggestions, i wouldnt mind staying somewere other than a hotel though.
    im thinking more along the lines of beach side appartment or harbour, somthing special but unusual

any ideas>?

Florida Chatterbox
    [name edited]

You will not be disappointed!!!!

Have a look, they will do nightly rates.

Not sure about it being lively though, it will be until sunset then not sure what would be happening then.

Only about 2 hours away, fantastic beach, cafe on the beach.
    Garry Pullan