Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advance tickets for shamu shows at Seaworld

Florida Newbie

advance tickets for shamu shows at Seaworld

Hi all.
    we're off to Disney in october, and wanted to know if i can pre-book seats for our family at a Shamu show at Seaworld from the UK before we leave for Florida. Is this possible and how? Or do we have to queue up on the day, and hope that we get in.
    Also, if anyone has been to the shows in afternoon, what are the queues like in October, and is it worth going in the first place. Over to you please.
    many thanks. Gtyler

You cannot pre book, just turn up 20 minutes or so before the show starts. Its a huge arena.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Gtyler
    Hi all.
    we're off to Disney in october, and wanted to know if i can pre-book seats for our family at a Shamu show at Seaworld from the UK before we leave for Florida. Is this possible and how? Or do we have to queue up on the day, and hope that we get in.
    Also, if anyone has been to the shows in afternoon, what are the queues like in October, and is it worth going in the first place. Over to you please.
    many thanks. Gtyler
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    I dont think you can pre book seats, but in October you should have noo problem getting seats. Shamu stadium seats thousands - its huge, and we have always managed to get great seats even in peak season.

Dont worry about it - look forward to your trip and enjoy! I go back in 8 days and im very excited!

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I've never not been able to get a seat in the Stadium even in August - as others have said it seats thousands, just beware that you can get quite wet in the bottom section.
    I've not been since the trainers have not been allowed in the water but I would say that it is still worth a visit.
    You may find they do a different show in the evening to the daytime.
    Christine

There are several shows a day and so you should have no problem getting a seat. Definitely get to the stadium a good 20-30 mins before the show starts - it can be quite interesting as you can see the whales behind looking back at the audience - when we were last there a whale kept coming up to the barrier and throwing water over it as if to say 'hurry up!'

There is a wonderful show in the evening called 'Shamu Rocks' which is well worth staying for and then the fireworks are straight after that in another stadium.

Hope you have a great time - I am sure you will![msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Expert
    Take advantage and as everyone else says get to the stadium 20-30 mins early. A lot of families take their lunch with them so you get to sit down, relax and eat. There will be no problem getting seats and I dont think there are many seats that do not have a good view. Enjoy the show.
    Mary

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Shamu is the only show I could not miss, it is my absolute favourite. The last time we were at Sea World was the day of the accident so haven't seen the show without the trainers going in the water but am still looking forward to my next visit in October. Have never been and not found a seat, always arrive 30 minutes before the show and sit as close to the front of the rear section (if that makes sense) as possible, if you sit in the front section there is every chance you will get wet, with a good chance of getting very, very wet.
    Lyn

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    if i remember rightly isn't there a very entertaining pre show to while away those 20-30 minutes?

Florida Chatterbox
    No pre show that we have ever seen. Just the screen playing various bits and you can see the whales in the holding tanks.
    Garry Pullan

They usually pick on people with cameras, it can be very funny. They also run a general knowledge quiz on the big screen to fill in the time waiting.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    No pre show that we have ever seen. Just the screen playing various bits and you can see the whales in the holding tanks.
    [/quote]