Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it really that quiet? Advice please.......

Florida Newbie

Is it really that quiet? Advice please.......

Hello, we're going out to Orlando on the 25th of Sept until the 10th of October and have one little question....

I've read that at these dates the Parks will be 'quiet'.

Now I can't imagine Disney & Universal to be super quiet, I just wondered what they will be like, ride waiting time etc.

Last time I was out there I recall waiting for rides for upto an hour which isn't a major problem but it was July time.

Your thoughts / comments are welcomed please

Thanks

Mark.

Hi Mark, I am sure you will have a great time in September. Its a brilliant time to go.

I don't think the parks are ever what we might call empty, but they are certainly more pleasant at that time of year and there will not be the crowds that you could expect on Christmas Day, for instance. It makes getting round the park so much easier, and you shouldn't have to wait hours for rides - but I expect Harry Potter World at Universal to still be pretty busy as it is so new and very popular.

We have often found that early in the day you can almost walk onto the first couple of rides, and we always use our fastpasses quickly for our favourite rides such as 'Soarin' which are busy any time of the year - but definitely not so bad as in July.

Have a wonderful trip!
    ellie

We were at Universal in June and had expected big queues, but were pleased to find 10 minute waits in the morning, although we did bypass the roller coasters at the entrance It makes such a difference, and starting at the back of the park can also work well
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    September is definitely one of the best times for quiet'ish parks. Last Sept my daughter and her boyfriend walked onto every ride in Universal without waiting. Busch gardens was unbelieveably quiet. They were calling us to walk quicker towards the rhino rally where the jeep was waiting for us and we were the only ones on it. The rest of the rollers in busch had zero waiting, they just walked on all of them. Cant speak for Disney, they didnt go there but we have been into disney many times in September in the past and always found it the best time to go. Gill

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We took the family last year early October, queues were around 10-15 minutes. I did notice that not having to queue so long and getting around better made the parks seem much smaller.[msnsmile2]
    Lyn

At least if it is quieter you can go backtrack to the ones you have been in and love and do again ,Even eating is better as not as many queues anyway enjoy your trip
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Glad to hear the above as I go on 28th Sept, from prev experience I first went to Orlando in July 1997 and didn't get on lots of the rides due to the q's,many well over an hour, went back again in early Sept 2000 and got on everything, many of our faves more than once, particularly remember being able to go straight back on Kraken as soon as I came off
    Ian Mcc

Florida Newbie
    Great news then guys - thank for your replies... keep them coming!

Florida Savvy
    It's the best time to go! Enjoy!

Florida Expert
    Last time we went August/September and noticed how quiet it got when it when the schools started back to school. I love the rapid rides and we went round 3 times as noone was waiting. It was quiet and we went round so quickly and went back to the rides we really love. Aquatica was very quiet too. So good we are going August/September next year (although unfortunately can't take any time out of school then)