Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami

Florida Chatterbox

Miami

Its been a long time since we flew into Miami.I am assuming its still a case of mini busing out to the car hire depots. Is there any company that might have an advantage over another?

Trina
    www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3180.aspx

As far as I am aware they are all offsite and close to each other. All seem to have regular bus services. I have heard they are moving onto the airport site but not sure if this has happened yet.
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    The new centre opened a couple of weeks ago so all the major rental companies are located there now. It still requires a shuttle bus but I understand that you won't have to wait for the bus associated with your particular company and in time there'll just be 1 common shuttle service. In a couple of years the new rail link will be open and the shuttles will be redundant.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out - IMO it couldn't be worse than the previous set up.

Super Moderator
    It should work well as I know the city have put quite a lot into this to try and improve matters. General public transport in Miami is good and we have often used it.

It is nearer the airport so will not take as long to get to car depots and is better situated as you exit on to Le Jeune for both US27 and the Turnpike.

Florida Junior
    I came through Miami last week and Katys Grandad is correct. There is just one "white" shuttle bus that takes you to the new collection centre and all the companies are in the one hall

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vickk17
    I came through Miami last week and Katys Grandad is correct. There is just one "white" shuttle bus that takes you to the new collection centre and all the companies are in the one hall[/quote]Have they added a 'facility charge' for this this new location?

Super Moderator
    Planning for the multi modal facility began back in 1989 and is estimated to cost $1.7 billion. The car hire forms only a tiny part of this overall venture which will not be completed until 2012 so no it is not likely there will be an added facility charge as it is being coordinated under the sponsorship of the Florida Department of Transportation.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you for your replies. I have just taken a look at the Miami Airport web site and I must say it looks rather swish! Lets hope it all runs smoothly. Quite happy do a short shuttle bus journey. Have awful memories of arriving at Miami Airport on a Friday afternoon many many years ago with two tired children, queuing up for the shuttle, queuing up at Dollar and then sitting in traffic for ages trying to get to the 27!

Trina[msnsmile2]
    www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3180.aspx

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vickk17
    I came through Miami last week and Katys Grandad is correct. There is just one "white" shuttle bus that takes you to the new collection centre and all the companies are in the one hall[/quote]Have they added a 'facility charge' for this this new location?
    [/quote]

nope there was no charge

Sounds like this is going to be a great improvement.[msnsmile]
    ellie