Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: american foods

Florida Newbie

american foods

Hey folks,

first of all this is not neccessarily about eating out IN florida, but i couldnt find a place that suited any better, so if i have this in the wrong section I apologise.
    Im on the look out for some American foods and desperate for help. The fiance is trying to make a food hamper for a canadian friend and im on the look out for somewhere that sells American foods - in particular Lays ranch chips/crisps and Mango malibu. ive been raking the internet trying to find somewhere, but nothing has appeared so any help would be greatly appreiciated.

Paul

Florida Expert
    I'm not sure whether or not they sell Lays or mango Malibu, but there is Cyber Candy, who do mail order through their website and have shops in Brighton, Birmingham and Covent Garden.

There is also the Stateside Candy Co, who as well as doing mail order throught heir website, have just opened up a shop in their warehouse in Aldershot. I'm going there today to stock up [msnsmile2]
    Chris

Gold 5 Star Member
    There is a store in Bluewater, f you live anywhere near there, that sells many American brands but they are expensive. For instance a friend asked us to bring back some Lucky Charms breakfast cereal for her son of 22 (he has Aspergers). We paid $5 for a 2kg box in Walmart but in Bluewater she pays £7.5 for a 750g box.
    They have many brands. Some things you can pick up in Asda etc, such as Betty Crocker cake mixes, Oreo cookies etc, to make it up.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    There is a store in Bluewater, f you live anywhere near there, that sells many American brands but they are expensive. For instance a friend asked us to bring back some Lucky Charms breakfast cereal for her son of 22 (he has Aspergers). We paid $5 for a 2kg box in Walmart but in Bluewater she pays £7.5 for a 750g box.
    They have many brands. Some things you can pick up in Asda etc, such as Betty Crocker cake mixes, Oreo cookies etc, to make it up.
    [/quote]

I'm 28, I don't have Aspergers, and I LOVE Lucky Charms [msnsmile2]
    Chris

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chris but would you pay £7.50 for a small box? I know my friend normally wouldnt but as he gets fixated on certain things, she finds it easier to roll with it sometimes. At 22 if my daughter had been that adamant that she HAD to have them, she'd have had to pay for them, I know I wouldn't.
    Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandochris
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    [/quote]

I'm 28, I don't have Aspergers, and I LOVE Lucky Charms [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

I am a lot older than 28 and love Lucky Charms - pity they stopped selling them over here - you can get them in the Cyber Candy shop in Covent Garden along with 'proper' Mountain Dew but they are expensive.

If it is any help Whisky on line have minature bottles of Malibu Mango in stock. What about a packet of Oreo biscuits? they are easily available in the UK.