Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Alamo Service

Florida Junior

Alamo Service

Just thought I'd give some praise to Alamo concerning their customer service.

We are just back from Orlando and booked our car through this site. We picked the car up fine but a few days into our holiday we had a mishap with the passenger door mirror...well I should say "my wife" had the mishap, I'm not taking the blame for that....lol She got a bit close to someones mailbox as she passed and the door mirror was smashed....oops (the mailbox was fine).

Anyway before I had a chance to call Alamo to report it, the aircon packed in !!! Well no way was I spending the next 3 weeks without aircon so I called them and told them about that and after going through a few checks over the phone, the woman agreed it was broken and told us we could just bring the car back to MCO for a replacement. I then told her about the mirror and asked how to go about reporting it? Just report it when I return the car she said.

We arrived at the airport and I think the person who directed us to park thought we were returning the car because we had finished our holiday [msnsmile2] I explained it was faulty and also pointed out the broken mirror. She noted it on my contract and told me to hand it in at the kiosk. I expected to fill in a report form of some kind but the woman looked at the contract and said that as I had the Damage Waiver I was covered and not to worry about it[msncool]

She appologised for the trouble we had and said go choose another car and bring back the key so she could record it....oh and instead of taking an intermediate car, I was to choose a full size.

How painless was that then? we were in and out within 15mins. Thanks Alamo [beer]
    JohnA

Florida Expert
    It's refreshing to hear some praise for once. So often we hear all the horror stories so it's not to hear this sort of thing.
    Chris