Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: trrainers swimming with the whales at shamu show

Florida Savvy

trrainers swimming with the whales at shamu show

does anyone no if the trainers are swimming in the water with the whales yet we went last oct and loved the show and we are going again in oct and want to see them again it just wont b the same if they r not allowed in the water

We went at the end of June and there were no trainers swimming with the whales. They stayed well away from them, and mainly stood on the platform below the big screens. It does make the show very different as it was amazing to see them interacting with the whales. But it is still spectacular - just different. The 'Shamu Rocks' show was fantastic, despite there being no trainers in the water. They did not seem to think that there were plans to allow them to swim with the whales in the near future.

The trainers WERE in the water at the whale and dolphin show and that takes my breath away each and every time I see it.
    ellie

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Such a shame, I know the incident was truly awful but they were not, and never did go in the water with Tilly so I do think it's a shame that the interaction has gone.
    Lyn

Florida Junior
    They still are not in the water with them and the big one is not even allowed in the front.
    I just wonder if their is to many of them in a small area, might look big to us but for an animal that size, that swims hundreds of miles a day, bit small.
    We were talking to one of the guys and he said, it is still going through the courts. But they have been instructed not to put it in the show.
    Their was protests there when we were their because on had died in another park.

Super Moderator
    Seaworld were fined $75,000 by OSHA for 3 safety violations. Seaworld are challenging their findings which is why it is still in the courts.