Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Tip

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

You used to be able to ride with the Monorail driver if you asked but not sure if that is still allowed. Basically youu just have to ask when you are going through the baarrier.

[/quote]

Steph, they no longer allow you to ride 'up front' with the Monorail driver. Shame, as it was a real treat and you got a fantastic view. [msnsad]
    [/quote]

that's a shame my kids did this in 2006 and they got a certificate and badges together with a photograph. It was something different from the norm and they enjoyed it.
    Wendy

Gold 5 Star Member
    I thought it may have been reviewed following the tragic accident in which a driver died recently. Although no Guests were around at the time, I wonderd if it would make them stop it just in case. We did this a few times but never got a badge or certificate, but it was much earlier than 2006 so maybe it was an extra they added.
    Babblin Boo

While you are in the Wilderness Lodge, don't forget to see the geyser, I think it is on the hour every hour. If you are watching the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian, and you hang around for longer then you might also get to see the nightly water pageant, I think it visits the Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge.
    Euan

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandochris
    Following on from that, if you can, go straight to the most popular ride to get a fastpass. That way, you can return later in the day without having to queue for as long.
    [/quote]

My tip is similar, and is maybe best illustrated with an example- my mum, dad, brother and I were in Orlando last year. When we went to Magic Kingdom, my dad and I really wanted to ride Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain early on in the day, but my mum and brother weren't fussed on either. So as soon as the rope dropped dad and I legged it over to Big Thunder Mountain, rode it once, got fastpasses and then ran over to Splash Mountain, where my mum and brother had already gotten fastpasses using their park tickets. Then, we rode Splash Mountain once before the queues got too big, and then still had fastpasses for both Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain for later on in the day

Another big tip that really saved out holiday was this- get in early and get out early! We were at rope drop every single day, and that meant that we had all the big rides done by around 12; meaning we could either laze around the parks in the afternoon, or go back to the apartment in the afternoon and return to the parks to see the evening fireworks
    Kate.xo

Florida Expert
    We went Straight to Soarin and were first riders and then got fast pass for later in the day (cos it's my favourite!)

If you have a little girl and you're there at rope drop head for Tink's Treasures (shop behind the castle). First girl in there wakes Tink up and gets a little certificate to say she has.

On the safari you can ask if you can ride with the driver and be navigator. Bit of extra fun as the driver introduces you to everyone and asks you stuff as you go round. My youngest 2 have both done this and enjoyed it. Have lovely photos after of them with the driver sat in the front [msncool]

Florida Junior
    The best tip we ever spotted (thanks to the original poster, whoever you are) is that all the stands and cafes in all the parks which have soda machines will give you free beakers of iced water, as many as you want. It's also filtered water, so it has none of the "Florida" taste of tap water.

We've taken advantage of this for years now, it even applies at KSC, not just the Orlando parks.

All the supermarkets and drugstores sell Crystal Lite or similar small flavour sachets, which you can easily carry in your pockets or "fanny packs", as even the taste of iced water can get boring on hot days.

For a family group of 7, which we were earlier this year, you can easily save a hundred dollars a day over the cost of sodas in the parks.

It also means you don't need to carry bottles around the park with you, simply drink up and dump the beakers in a bin.

Simples!

VV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by villavirgin
    The best tip we ever spotted (thanks to the original poster, whoever you are) is that all the stands and cafes in all the parks which have soda machines will give you free beakers of iced water, as many as you want. It's also filtered water, so it has none of the "Florida" taste of tap water.

We've taken advantage of this for years now, it even applies at KSC, not just the Orlando parks.

All the supermarkets and drugstores sell Crystal Lite or similar small flavour sachets, which you can easily carry in your pockets or "fanny packs", as even the taste of iced water can get boring on hot days.

For a family group of 7, which we were earlier this year, you can easily save a hundred dollars a day over the cost of sodas in the parks.

It also means you don't need to carry bottles around the park with you, simply drink up and dump the beakers in a bin.

Simples!

VV
    [/quote]

I always bring back some of the Crystal lite sachets (especially the iced tea, as oyuu say plain water can get boring and many of them are made with no artificial additives etc.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    We found these sachets in Dollartree, husband liked them so much I also bought packets home. Running low now so will have to search to see if they sell similar here in UK.

Florida Chatterbox
    You can buy Crystal Lite at americansoda do co dot uk. [msntongue]
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Garry will have a look at the site now[clap]