Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Restaurants Please

Florida Chatterbox
    Bahama Breeze, Longhorns, mannys and we like Mimis at Loop or Mall at Millenia
    alison

If you want to go for a run in the afternoon and then onto a restaurant with a difference a visit to Bok Tower and Gardens Lake Wales. www.boktowergardens.org and then onto Cherry Pocket for your evening meal. www.cherrypocket.com
    We always make a visit to cherry pocket every holiday, love their steaks even though they advertise it as a Fish Camp there is loads of variety and ribs are also brilliant. Thurday and Friday there is music on the terrace, not an upmarket restaurant in the terms of decor but excellent food and always full of local people who just love talking to us Brits.

We also discovered in May the Elephant Bar and Grill outside the Mall of Millenia and we were very impressed by their varied menu, but not cheap.

Val

Florida Savvy
    I'm following your thread as I am also looking for new places to try. Trouble is, with so many favourites that we'll have to visit at least once this trip, I may not have enough days left to try anywhere new. Will maybe just try to do Longhorn now that a new one has opened near us since our last visit.

Did you know that Manny's have a "Kids Eat Free" special on Mondays and Tuesdays for age 10 and under?

For pasta, we always enjoy our visits to Romano's Macaroni Grill (one on the 192, another at The Loop). They have some wonderful pasta dishes and freshly baked herbed bread. It always makes a nice change not to have fries with everything!

Our kids love Bob Evans, both for breakfast as well as dinner. It may appear to be an old-fashioned sort of place, and you do get a fair share of "seniors" frequenting them, but their menu has some healthier options especially on the kids menu, eg roast turkey, with vegetables and fruit among the choice of side orders.

I am also a fan of Applebees, Outback and Boma.

Val, an interesting recommendation. I think we are going to give it a try. Thanks.

Sandra

Thanks Sandra

Romano's looks good, think we'll give it a try! Looking forward to trying Manny's.

Gillian

Florida Chatterbox
    Manny's absolutely!!! Best meal we had, both times.

Yes kids eat free, also 2 for 1 fajitas on i think Wednesdays then there's happy hour 2 for 1 drinks most days 5 - 7pm!!

Great place as long as you don't mind waiting.
    Garry Pullan

You asked about the T-rex cafe, and yes we have gone there with the kids, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have been to the Rainforest cafe, it is run by the same company, and so is very similar. The food is fairly average, but you are paying for the "entertainment" rather than the food. We sometimes go there for a light lunch rather than our main meal, as it hasn't always been the greatest food, but you still get the same ambience.
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Thanks for your reply re T-Rex.

We had a couple of different experiences at Rainforest Cafe. First year we went the food was great, 2nd year we went both the food and service was terrible.

I was thinking that T-Rex was proably the same type of thing.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We also like Cracker Barrel. It's basically home cooking type meals and it's good to get away from chips now and again. They have a store attached which is often good to keep children (and Mum) amused whilst waiting for the food to be delivered.

Make sure you take the number for Mannys to call ahead for seating as it does get very busy. We didnt get there this trip as it was too busy.

the good thing about the internet is that at least with most of the restaurants you can at least look on line and get an idea of menus and prices before you go.

Babblin Boo

We like the Cracker Barrell for breakfast and you can easily wile away half an hour or more in the shop which smells gorgeous and it is really good for gifts which are not disney orientated.
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    Applebees on the 27 is awesome for choice and value. Bob Evans for a great breakfast. And Charlys Steakhouse on 192 or I-drive for an awesome USDA Prime steak (at a prime price).