Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: harry potter

Florida Junior
    We are just back and the boys went on it twice in just over an hour, I think it depends when you go.

Florida Savvy

I don't like rollercoasters but loved the HP ride, no big drops like the coasters and very smooth movement. I was persuaded to go on 'The Mummy' (as it's in the dark couldn't see the track!) - I was absolutely terrified and my husband had to purchase the ride picture (he said he didn't care how much it was he was having it), then spent his time scanning it and sending it back home for everybody to have a laugh at my expense! There are children on there smiling and laughing and me looking absolutely traumatised, I was shaking when I got off!

When I got to the HP ride and saw the seats I was very nearly put off as I kept thinking it was going to have big drops, but I am so glad I went on, it was great and I would definately ride it again, if you like Superman you will definately like this ride.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would say it like Soaring..if you look down you can tell how high up you are..but if you watch whats happening around you you'd not notice it...I had a broken neck about 20 years ago..so it did worry me a bit..the first test ride they did with us on it was fine..a lovely ride...the second did hurt my neck..no problems with my lower back..I get virago it was just to fast for me to notice..its not a ride I'd make a beeline for but most people could give it a go...just not if you have a bad neck..it did give me a sickly pain for an hour or two..its a lot better than the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom if that is any help..that ride made me really ill with neck pain for a long time..and my friends daughter in law throw up everywhere but that does get you free clothes...lol

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Love the Harry Potter books and films and am looking forward to going, haven't been to Universal in years as I don't like roller coasters or anything that throws me from side to side, can't do Thunder Mountain but love Splash Mountain (only a drop, not thrown sideways) cannot do Star tours or any simulator ride. I love Soarin. I also do not like being in the dark. I know this makes me sound a real whimp, well yes I am a real whimp[msnembarrased] but my excuse is I have a problem with my ears and suffer from motion sickness. Should I go on this ride?
    Lyn

Lyn, I would think you would be just fine. There is some sideways movement, but it is in a swooping way, not jerking, if that makes sense. The idea is that you are flying on a broomstick. If you have been on Soarin' and The Simpsons Ride, then it is a mixture of both of those, just a little bit more movement.

Fantastic ride, though[msnsmile2]

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Thanks Nuala, will give it a try, can't wait.
    Lyn

We will be in Orlanda from 24th Oct to 5th Nov (this ties in with UK half term) then 14th Nov to 25th Nov (run up to Thanksgiving) does anyone have any suggestions on the best time to visit? Or would we be better waiting till we go again in Feb
    Lyn