Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: harry potter

I went before it opened properly, so the queues were much shorter, but we noticed after queing for lockers, that the locker rooms at the back near the shop weren't being used. You got to these by going in the main entrance as opposed to staying on the right for the lockers. Not sure this would work when it is so busy though.
    Shirley

Florida Junior
    Hi All

We are going to Orlando in October and was after some info.

My wife is not too sure of the ride at HP. If someone could answer my request on here without giving too much away it would be appriciated or you could PM me if you do not want to give anything away.

She likes Spiderman, Simpsons, Star tours, MIB rides she will not go on any roller coater rides (although I did persuade her to go on the revenge of the mummy 2 years ago)

My question is do you think she would be like the HP ride as she sometimes gets a little dizzy when spun around.

Graham

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Harry Potter is very similar to Spiderman in format - simulation mixed with real life action. Its not too intense - not any more so than spiderman anyway. Its excellent and we rode it 4 times when we were there 2 weeks ago! My favourite ride in Florida!

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Its definately closer to a simulator ride than a roller coaster so you're wife should be fine. I find MIB a bit spinny a times and this ride does not spin like that, probably closest to Spiderman and Simpson but you really can't see or converse with the person next to you.
    Christine

I just had a similar question from a nervous guest and as we haven't ridden it yet I wanted to give her the most accurate info I could :

So,

Does HP ride have big sudden drops or very shakey motions please ?

Also, does it ever go upside down or in positions where you can obviously tell if you are high up ?

Thanks in advance
    Chris & Peter

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by junior
    Hi All

We are going to Orlando in October and was after some info.

My wife is not too sure of the ride at HP. If someone could answer my request on here without giving too much away it would be appriciated or you could PM me if you do not want to give anything away.

She likes Spiderman, Simpsons, Star tours, MIB rides she will not go on any roller coater rides (although I did persuade her to go on the revenge of the mummy 2 years ago)

My question is do you think she would be like the HP ride as she sometimes gets a little dizzy when spun around.

Graham[/quote]She'll be fine. I opted out first time as I saw the seats and they are like rollercoaster seats with the safety bars that come over your shoulders. Don't let her be worried by the seats - its fine.

Its not spinning either, but it does more you around a bit.

I think she'll love it if she likes the other rides mentioned<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
    I just had a similar question from a nervous guest and as we haven't ridden it yet I wanted to give her the most accurate info I could :

So,

Does HP ride have big sudden drops or very shakey motions please ?

Also, does it ever go upside down or in positions where you can obviously tell if you are high up ?

Thanks in advance [/quote]Doesn't go upside down. You are never very high up - although you may appear to be. There is a lot of movement but I would describe it a big sweeping movements rather than sudden drops on shaking.
    Jo

Florida Chatterbox
    I think HP gives the same flying sensation as Soaring does in Epcot rather than sudden drops and shakey motion [msnsmile2]

Julie

Florida Junior
    Hi

Thanks everyone for the info [clap][clap]

Only 4 weeks until we go [party1]

Florida Expert
    Brill, sounds like one for me[msnsmile2]Love Soarin' but don't do rollercoasters

Thank you Jo and Julie, that's brilliant info.

I suspect I will have a very happy and relived guest when I pass this info back [clap]
    Chris & Peter